Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tel_
    • By tel_ 11th Aug 18, 3:27 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 10Thanks
    tel_
    Problems with setting up a Nationwide a/c online
    • 11th Aug 18, 3:27 PM
    Problems with setting up a Nationwide a/c online 11th Aug 18 at 3:27 PM
    I have received my card, PIN & account number for a Flex Direct a/c with Nationwide, but when I enter my customer number it also asks for my passnumber, which I don't have because it didn't ask me to create one.

I thought I must have to re-register online again, but it won't accept my email address because it was used last week to apply to open an account.

I have no idea what to do next (and the Nationwide website is not secure according to my Chrome browser, whilst IE says it is).
Page 2
    • tel_
    • By tel_ 12th Aug 18, 11:02 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    tel_
    Their opening procedure is flawed as so many people have the same issue (they must have numerous calls about the same thing!), however, once opened, I have not had any issues and the 5% is worth it. I downloaded the app and just use that when I want to login, the card and card reader are in a drawer gathering dust (but necessary for performing things such as setting up transfers).
    Originally posted by CatLady13
    Many thanks for the info. I will post my ongoing experience with Nationwide on this issue here.
    • tel_
    • By tel_ 13th Aug 18, 9:18 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    tel_
    So, after a week from applying for an account with Nationwide, my 'Welcome to Digital Banking' letter arrived today complete with Passnumber, as Willing2Learn had mentioned here.

Let's see how long before the card reader turns up. I hope it doesn't have to be signed for, as no one is in this week to receive it.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 13th Aug 18, 9:30 PM
    • 1,617 Posts
    • 1,227 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    It doesn't need a signature and the package fits through the letterbox. It should be with you in the next couple of days or so...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• tel_
    • By tel_ 13th Aug 18, 10:26 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    tel_
    It doesn't need a signature and the package fits through the letterbox. It should be with you in the next couple of days or so...
    Originally posted by Willing2Learn
    Oh brilliant, thanks for the latest info!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,654Posts Today

8,559Users online

Martin's Twitter