Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pauper1971
    • By Pauper1971 11th Aug 18, 1:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pauper1971
    ParkingEye PCN - Grounds for appeal
    • 11th Aug 18, 1:57 PM
    ParkingEye PCN - Grounds for appeal 11th Aug 18 at 1:57 PM
    Hello,

After 28 years of vehicle ownership, I've received my first PCN as the keeper of a vehicle.

The PCN is from ParkingEye:
    * The parking contract was allegedly broken on 01/08/18
    * The PCN contains photos from an ANPR camera which shows the vehicle entering the car park at 15:10:36 on 01/08/18 and leaving at 16:32:17 on the same day. The driver is not visible in the photos.
    * I was not the driver.
    * The PCN does include the 29 day warning from POFA that if the keeper does not provide the details of the driver, then the keeper will be pursued for any unpaid parking charges.
    * I received the PCN on 11/08/18

The car park in question is the Pangbourne Working Mens Club Pay & Display, if anybody knows it. There is a sign at the entrance that states that a tariff is payable at machine or by phone.

There are signs with more detail inside the car park and on the machines which I have photos of but do not know how to upload to this thread or link to.

The relevant charges are 0.70 for up to 1 hour and 1.20 for up to two hours.

The driver purchased a ticket from the apparently working instance of the machines at 15:14. The driver believes that 1.20 in cash was put into the machine. A ticket for 1.10 was issued. The driver did not check the ticket, left the car park on foot, returned and drove out, as evidenced by the ANPR camera (16:32).

The intent was to pay in full (who knowingly puts 1.10 in a parking machine when the 1 hour fee is 0.70 and the 2 hour fee in 1.20). The fee paid (1.10) by the tariff charges only covers "up to 1 hour", prorated though it more than covers the time parked in the car park.

The signage does not disclose ParkingEye's grace time, however by the BPA minimum, the time in the car park as recorded by the ANPR camera is 1:21, which is of course, 1 minute over.

Does any body have any thoughts on how I should proceed with this, please?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 38,010 Posts
    • 22,106 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

#1 in the FAQ gives you a template appeal to copy
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Aug 18, 2:25 PM
    • 11,345 Posts
    • 11,877 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:25 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:25 PM
    I guess the driver was a patron of the Pangbourne Working Men's Club.

Have you thought about complaining to them?
    • Pauper1971
    • By Pauper1971 11th Aug 18, 2:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pauper1971
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:42 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:42 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion KeithP. The car park is open to the public and is a shoppers car park taht is on land owned by the club. The driver wasn't a patron, just a Pangbourne shopper.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,266Posts Today

6,390Users online

Martin's Twitter