Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Robm1955
    • By Robm1955 11th Aug 18, 12:27 PM
    • 366Posts
    • 106Thanks
    Robm1955
    Smartwatch Faces
    • 11th Aug 18, 12:27 PM
    Smartwatch Faces 11th Aug 18 at 12:27 PM
    As I think I mentioned before, I had a Diggro Di06 smartwatch for my birthday. I've just got into creating my own watch faces. A lot of it is copying existing apects of watch faces, and editing them. One thing I have trouble with is the sizing of letters and numbers. Since all letters and numbers, are stored as .png files, they are not easy to edit. I know it can be done in a graphics editor, but I wondered if anyone has ever done this, and knows a better way than just trial and error. I'm working on one watch face, and the Day font, is coming out larger than the date, so again I'm guessing on the size of the .png file.
Page 1
    • tafelmoneysaver
    • By tafelmoneysaver 12th Aug 18, 8:10 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    tafelmoneysaver
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:10 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:10 AM
    You might have better luck finding someone with experience of this product over here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches
    • Robm1955
    • By Robm1955 12th Aug 18, 10:35 AM
    • 366 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Robm1955
    • 12th Aug 18, 10:35 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 10:35 AM
    Thanks. I have joined the forum, but can't see many threads for my type of watch.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 12th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    • 28,224 Posts
    • 11,478 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    Why are the PNG files not easy to edit? Almost any paint program will edit PNG files.

What are the width/height dimensions of the opened file in pixels and
    how many pixels per inch?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Robm1955
    • By Robm1955 14th Aug 18, 10:05 AM
    • 366 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Robm1955
    • 14th Aug 18, 10:05 AM
    • 14th Aug 18, 10:05 AM
    Why are the PNG files not easy to edit? Almost any paint program will edit PNG files.

What are the width/height dimensions of the opened file in pixels and
    how many pixels per inch?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname

Probably didn't make that clear. I can edit PNG files, but if I wanted to start from scratch, without copying, you can't tell from existing PNG files, what size font was used. It seems the only way, is to copy other peoples, and adapt them. A work around, rather that solve the problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,500Posts Today

6,828Users online

Martin's Twitter