Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mwinlow
    • By mwinlow 11th Aug 18, 11:19 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    mwinlow
    0 WOW
    Where Can I Fly to From a Specific UK Airport?
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:19 AM
    0 WOW
    Where Can I Fly to From a Specific UK Airport? 11th Aug 18 at 11:19 AM
    *Surely* there is a website somewhere that I can see where my nearest international airports fly to? Why would I want to have to first find somewhere I want to go on holiday, get all excited about it and *then* spend hours trying to find an airport nearby that serves it, only to discover that none actually do?!!

We don't all live within an hour or so of London!

HELP!!!
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Aug 18, 11:22 AM
    • 12,700 Posts
    • 8,593 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:22 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:22 AM
    Go to that specific airports website, they will give you the destinations usually.
    • mwinlow
    • By mwinlow 11th Aug 18, 11:39 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mwinlow
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:39 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:39 AM
    Thanks. That may be so, but none that I have looked at give you a *map* of where they go, just a list of place-names, 95% of which I've never heard of, so you pretty much have to know where you want to go before you start. Wouldn't a map just be *so* simple and *so* useful?

Seems like an obvious website project for someone!
    • StaffieTerrier
    • By StaffieTerrier 11th Aug 18, 11:45 AM
    • 335 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    StaffieTerrier
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:45 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:45 AM
    If you put your local airport into Skyscanner and search 'Everywhere' it'll given you a list of countries. You can then select a country and it'll show the destinations within the country, and whether it's a direct or indirect flight.
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 11th Aug 18, 11:55 AM
    • 4,985 Posts
    • 4,118 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:55 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:55 AM
    Thanks. That may be so, but none that I have looked at give you a *map* of where they go, just a list of place-names, 95% of which I've never heard of, so you pretty much have to know where you want to go before you start. Wouldn't a map just be *so* simple and *so* useful?

Seems like an obvious website project for someone!
    Originally posted by mwinlow
    Try this: https://www.flightconnections.com/

Put the airport you want to fly from in the From box and leave the To empty. You then can filter by specific airlines.
    • sandsy
    • By sandsy 11th Aug 18, 2:58 PM
    • 1,389 Posts
    • 846 Thanks
    sandsy
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:58 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 2:58 PM
    And this one:

https://www.flightsfrom.com
    • richardw
    • By richardw 11th Aug 18, 4:45 PM
    • 18,784 Posts
    • 7,882 Thanks
    richardw
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:45 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:45 PM
    Originally posted by sandsy
    Thanks, looks useful.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 11th Aug 18, 7:26 PM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 928 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 11th Aug 18, 7:26 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 7:26 PM
    Google Flights will do exactly what you want, you can enter multiple departure airports and see a map of destinations with prices:

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/

You'll need to select "non-stop only" to see only direct flights.
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 11th Aug 18, 8:03 PM
    • 7,682 Posts
    • 6,239 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:03 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:03 PM
    Flightradar24. Click on an airport and you can then select 'routes'. At the momemt it only gives routes for 7 days, but timetables don't change significantly from week to week.
    • alanrowell
    • By alanrowell 11th Aug 18, 10:36 PM
    • 5,287 Posts
    • 2,030 Thanks
    alanrowell
    Look for a wikipedia page for the airport
    • interstellaflyer
    • By interstellaflyer 12th Aug 18, 7:49 AM
    • 1,735 Posts
    • 1,012 Thanks
    interstellaflyer

We don't all live within an hour or so of London!
    Originally posted by mwinlow
    Where do you live? You could argue that many of us don't live within an hour or so of any airport, but except for those who live in really remote and isolated areas I think most of the population could get to one of the main airports within 2 hours
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 12th Aug 18, 9:03 AM
    • 8,141 Posts
    • 12,104 Thanks
    jackieblack
    Where do you live? You could argue that many of us don't live within an hour or so of any airport, but except for those who live in really remote and isolated areas I think most of the population could get to one of the main airports within 2 hours
    Originally posted by interstellaflyer
    I suspect that may depend on your definition of "main airports" as well as your definition of "really remote and isolated"
    Last edited by jackieblack; 12-08-2018 at 9:08 AM.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
    • interstellaflyer
    • By interstellaflyer 12th Aug 18, 11:14 AM
    • 1,735 Posts
    • 1,012 Thanks
    interstellaflyer
    I suspect that may depend on your definition of "main airports" as well as your definition of "really remote and isolated"
    Originally posted by jackieblack
    Gatwick, Stanstead, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, but also smaller airports like Edinburgh, Newcastle, Doncaster, Leeds/Bradford, Liverpool, East Midlands, Cardiff, Bristol, Luton, personally I think the OP is going about it the wrong way, why not just pick a destination or a list of destinations and then check if there are flights from the closest airports, all the airports I've listed will cover most short haul destinations, many handling worldwide destinations. I was responding to the 'Not everyone lives within an hour of London' comment which I thought was pointless as there are other large airports outside the home counties, Manchester being one of them.
    Last edited by interstellaflyer; 12-08-2018 at 1:42 PM.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
    • meer53
    • By meer53 12th Aug 18, 12:39 PM
    • 9,305 Posts
    • 13,532 Thanks
    meer53
    Surely you decide where to go first, not the airport you want to fly from ? I quite happily fly from airports that aren't near me as it's quite often the cheaper option.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,857Posts Today

9,231Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin