Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fleetingmind
    • By fleetingmind 10th Aug 18, 8:54 PM
    • 406Posts
    • 58Thanks
    fleetingmind
    Virgin - Under Contract but Moving to House With No Virgin
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:54 PM
    Virgin - Under Contract but Moving to House With No Virgin 10th Aug 18 at 8:54 PM
    Moving soon and still under contract with Virgin for Broadband, Landline, TV in bedroom.
    New house I'm pretty sure it doesn't have Virgin in the road which is a shame as I really like their broadband.

What happens with Virgin? Can cancel, have to pay a one off charge or have to pay each month until the contract expires.

Thank you.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Aug 18, 9:00 PM
    • 33,144 Posts
    • 20,869 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:00 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:00 PM
    Moving soon and still under contract with Virgin for Broadband, Landline, TV in bedroom.
    New house I'm pretty sure it doesn't have Virgin in the road which is a shame as I really like their broadband.

What happens with Virgin? Can cancel, have to pay a one off charge or have to pay each month until the contract expires.

Thank you.
    Originally posted by fleetingmind
    What does your contract say ?

If they dont cover where your moving too you could be asked to pay a one off fee to end the contract but your contract will detail this.
    • Craig1981
    • By Craig1981 12th Aug 18, 8:26 AM
    • 565 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    Craig1981
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:26 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 8:26 AM
    depending on your package and what you have left. you will be charged an early termination fee, it is in there T&C. but, its not the full amount for whats left of your contract...
    have a read here...
    http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-disconnection-fees.html

so my calculations: tyou will be charged about 34 odd per month left if on the VIP package (thats the max they will apply) you could try negotiating price down

hope this helps. seems unfair personally, but better than other early termination fees from other companies.. (glass half full thing)
    Last edited by Craig1981; 12-08-2018 at 8:29 AM.
    • SamJ35
    • By SamJ35 16th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    SamJ35
    • 16th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    • 16th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    Virgin announced prices going up and letters being sent out between August and September. Gives you 30 days to cancel fee free if you wish (as the Terms and Conditions you agreed to state).

Cancel it after you receive the letter - no fees!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,723Users online

Martin's Twitter