Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fleetingmind
    • By fleetingmind 10th Aug 18, 8:48 PM
    • 399Posts
    • 58Thanks
    fleetingmind
    Moving House - Existing Customer or New Customer - Best Deal
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:48 PM
    Moving House - Existing Customer or New Customer - Best Deal 10th Aug 18 at 8:48 PM
    So I'm due to move house this year and just finished my year 1/2 price deal (Standard Sky + Plus Box) that I do every year when I cancel and they ring back. Price has gone back up.
    Will I get a better deal if I advise sky and take it with me or cancel then start from scratch as a new customer?

Thanks
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 11th Aug 18, 8:19 AM
    • 11,089 Posts
    • 4,806 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:19 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:19 AM
    If you are able to take an existing contract to a new house it will start a new contract .
    You have not finished contract but are now on a rolling 30 day contract .
    Cashback and new customer offers from new house >. Price them up first .
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Aug 18, 9:33 AM
    • 2,957 Posts
    • 1,506 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:33 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:33 AM
    If you are able to take an existing contract to a new house it will start a new contract .
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    Not with Sky it doesn't, you just pay a small moving fee which covers putting the dish up.

Edit: It's 35 for a "standard" install which is Monday to Saturday (might be Friday) and 50 for Sunday (maybe Saturday too).

"Standard" means easily accessible and no extra work involved.
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 11-08-2018 at 9:45 AM. Reason: Extra info
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 11th Aug 18, 9:38 AM
    • 11,089 Posts
    • 4,806 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:38 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:38 AM
    Thanks all that has to be priced up by the OP as out of current contract .
    Last edited by JJ Egan; 11-08-2018 at 9:42 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,913Posts Today

9,358Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin