Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • milliescrazyhouse
    • By milliescrazyhouse 10th Aug 18, 7:25 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    milliescrazyhouse
    Tax credits and income
    • 10th Aug 18, 7:25 PM
    Tax credits and income 10th Aug 18 at 7:25 PM
    Can anyone advise where I stand with the following:-My husband is likely to earn more this year than the estimate I gave in April by approx 1000-1500.
    He changed job last year finally securing full time employment,whilst I am a receiving carers allowance.
    We have 3 children with 1 receiving the disability element.
    His earnings are as follows:-

16/17 7425
    17/18 11377
    17/18 estimated 17000 in April

If any other info is needed please just let me know,many thanks
    Last edited by milliescrazyhouse; 10-08-2018 at 7:32 PM. Reason: Added more info
Page 2
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 11th Aug 18, 10:03 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    calcotti
    You are assuming they no longer qualify for WTC - they do qualify for it and the elements will continue to be included in their award but they won't receive any payments of WTC due to the level of their income. They are not a CTC only case because they still qualify for WTC.

IQ
    Originally posted by Icequeen99
    Quite right and fairly obvious - brain malfunction on my part. Thanks for posting.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 4th Sep 18, 3:50 PM
    • 21,395 Posts
    • 99,197 Thanks
    michaels
    I thought the nhs exemption was based on the actual tax-year income so say for months 1-11 you were on track to qualify and used the exemption then an extra unexpected earning in M12 took you over the threshold then in theory you had to pay back what you had used of the NHS exemption?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 4th Sep 18, 7:48 PM
    • 5,312 Posts
    • 3,971 Thanks
    sheramber
    NHS certificate is valid for 7 months. It is valid until the expiry date.

If entitlement is no longer due, due to change of circumstances, then once the certificate expires it will not be renewed.

So if circumstances change and no longer entitled to a certificate in month 5 but certificate expires in month 8 then the certificate will remain valid until month 8 but will not be renewed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,544Posts Today

9,515Users online

Martin's Twitter