Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CaptainWales
    • By CaptainWales 10th Aug 18, 7:21 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CaptainWales
    Raisin - ICICI and bonus
    • 10th Aug 18, 7:21 PM
    Raisin - ICICI and bonus 10th Aug 18 at 7:21 PM
    I have approx. 80k of cash to invest. I am thinking of opening 2 accounts with icici via raisin - would I be able to get the bonus of 80 twice if I did it this way rather than opening 1 account with 80k? Also would opening accounts via raisin be better than going with the family building society (im looking at 1 year fixed rate). Many thanks for any help
Page 2
    • ROLY9
    • By ROLY9 28th Aug 18, 11:23 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ROLY9
    Thanks for the info, unsure now what to do ?????
    • ROLY9
    • By ROLY9 28th Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ROLY9
    Can anyone suggest a Creditable Company to save in a 1 year Bond where risk is none on the Capital, thank You.Dont like the idea of Raisin using an ' at risk ' company to pass my money on.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 28th Aug 18, 2:25 PM
    • 8,402 Posts
    • 9,506 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Can anyone suggest a Creditable Company to save in a 1 year Bond where risk is none on the Capital, thank You.Dont like the idea of Raisin using an ' at risk ' company to pass my money on.
    Originally posted by ROLY9
    The point I highlighted earlier was largely a technicality and in fact the view from MSE is that it's not really a risk anyway, as per https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/#raisin:
    Are my savings safe?

When you open an account through Raisin, your payments are processed by Meteor Investment Management (MIM) and Meteor Asset Management, which then pass your money to the bank whose account you're opening. So if you open the ICICI one-year account, your money will then be covered by ICICI's 85,000 FSCS protection.

Technically your money is held in trust in an MIM client account with RBS. Yet the FSCS has confirmed in this type of structure you still get the UK 85,000 per person, per institution savings safety protection of the account provider, ie, ICICI (in the few days before it gets to ICICI it's via RBS's protection)
    However, if you wish to avid intermediaries altogether, see other options at
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/#oneyearfixed
    • kelda_shelton
    • By kelda_shelton 28th Aug 18, 5:18 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 1,980 Thanks
    kelda_shelton
    Raisin change?

I just got an email from raisin - saying the following:

We're pleased to inform you that your Raisin UK account is getting an upgrade. From mid-September your Raisin UK account will change to a new look Raisin Starling Account – but you will need to opt-in to benefit from these changes.

Working alongside Raisin UK and Meteor Asset Management, Starling Bank will operate as our new service bank within the new look Raisin UK customer portal, meaning that Starling Bank will hold and transfer deposits between you, the customer, and our partner banks.

Once Starling Bank has launched their services with us, and assuming you have opted in, you'll receive an email inviting you to set a new password for your new personal Raisin Starling Account which will enable you to fund savings products conveniently.

The benefits of your new Raisin Starling AccountBy opting in to Starling Bank's services, you'll have the convenience of your very own Raisin Starling Account when it becomes available, which will enable you to quickly and easily fund savings products available in the Raisin UK savings marketplace. You'll also gain access to our new and improved dynamic and interactive customer portal when it launches.

Our new customer portal has been designed to make it easier to manage your savings products, but it also gives you access to your very own savings marketplace within your customer portal where you can apply directly for savings products and take advantage of exclusive Raisin Starling Account holder offers.
    About Starling BankStarling Bank is a new generation digital bank based in the UK. Headquartered in London, Starling Bank is a fully licensed and regulated bank. Deposits held by Starling Bank are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). For more information on Starling Bank and the new Raisin Starling Account visit our FAQs page at www.raisin.co.uk/faqs.

Does anyone see any issue with this?
    • ColinFFS
    • By ColinFFS 28th Aug 18, 5:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ColinFFS
    same question
    I was going to do nothing and keep my current terms as it appears they are not impacted in anyway.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 28th Aug 18, 5:54 PM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 2,108 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    I've opted in as:

A - I can't see an issue with doing so.
    B - If I don't do it now there's a high probability I'll forget to do it in future.

What was the question?
    • Alistair31
    • By Alistair31 28th Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Alistair31
    I think I shall wait until my bonus is paid.
    • The Blacklist
    • By The Blacklist 28th Aug 18, 6:06 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    The Blacklist
    Do Not Use Raisin
    Like everyone, I fell for their con. I am still waiting for their response for my "Launch Bonus".
    I have sent numerous emails, talked to their "Customer Services", used the Raisin message system, but no response.
    Hence, I have now given up on these people and only advice I can give is DO NOT USE RAISIN.
    • rangersfc
    • By rangersfc 28th Aug 18, 6:13 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    rangersfc
    Hello The Blacklist,
    That is a very silly post. If you have an issue with Raisin, post the details and you may receive help/advice. They certainly didn't con me, they have provided everything that was on offer. All I did was adhere to the terms and conditions. Regards,
    mrwmartin
    • ctdctd
    • By ctdctd 28th Aug 18, 6:22 PM
    • 894 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    ctdctd
    Like everyone, I fell for their con. I am still waiting for their response for my "Launch Bonus".
    Originally posted by The Blacklist
    I'm an "everyone", adhered to their terms, and received the launch bonus as promised.
    Last edited by ctdctd; 28-08-2018 at 6:24 PM.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
    • Razoo
    • By Razoo 29th Aug 18, 6:34 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Razoo
    Raisin - so far, so good!
    Based on the advice in MSE's Money Tips weekly email, I decided to apply for an ICICI, 1-year Fixed Term savings account through Raisin Savings Marketplace (Raisin's 80 bonus on a 40K investment effectively enhances ICICI's 2.02% interest rate to 2.22%).

However, before I registered with Raisin, I tried out their Customer Services helpline to see how efficient it was (I generally like to test a company's Customer Services before committing myself ). I got straight through by telephone and a very helpful lady advisor explained the whole process to me.

One of my concerns was the transferring of funds. Specifically, banks generally limit the amount of money that can be transferred by Faster Payment per day (some limits are as low as 10K). Raisin only allows 5 working days to fully fund the account. Consequently, for larger investments this can mean the funding timescale is not viable (I didn't want to eat away at my bonus by using CHAPS).

Raisin's advisor suggested that I could open two ICICI accounts, deferring the second account application until after the first account had been fully funded and set up. The advisor was also very clear that if I opened two ICICI accounts and put 40K into each, I would be eligible for two bonus payments of 80. However, I don't think this is actually true. I think two accounts with ICICI would be considered as one investment and the bonus would be calculated on the total sum invested.

During the account funding period, I tried to call the Raisin Customer Services helpline again, only to discover that Raisin's phone lines were dead. A message on the Raisin UK customer portal explained the unfortunate problem with their telephone service.

Instead, I sent a secure message from within my customer portal. The next day I was very impressed to receive a telephone call from Raisin Germany. An advisor speaking perfect English explained that the faulty telephone lines were causing Raisin UK a lot of problems, and that they were helping out with customer queries. Now that's what I call service!

I have now opened my Raisin/ICICI account, fully funded it and claimed my bonus with no issues whatsoever. My bonus claim has been acknowledged by Raisin. I was very careful to follow the bonus application instructions exactly:
    1. A bonus claim email must be sent from the claimant's email address that was used to register with Raisin.

2. The email Subject Heading must be the word 'Bonus'.

3. The claimant must include their full name (including any middle names given during registration).

4. The claimant must confirm the value of the bonus they are claiming (e.g. 80 on a 40K investment).

5. The claimant must submit their bonus claim within 30 days from the date their account was fully funded.

6. The bonus claim email must be sent to: <bonus@raisin.co.uk>

So far I have been very pleased with Raisin's service and I can see no reason for the concerns that some other posters have. And of course, my money is fully protected by the UK's Financial Services Compensation Scheme, up to 85K.

Now I just have to decide whether to opt into the "new look Raisin Starling Account," or not.

=====
    Razoo
    • Razoo
    • By Razoo 15th Sep 18, 10:42 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Razoo
    Previously I wrote:
    Raisin's advisor suggested that I could open two ICICI accounts, deferring the second account application until after the first account had been fully funded and set up. The advisor was also very clear that if I opened two ICICI accounts and put 40K into each, I would be eligible for two bonus payments of 80. However, I don't think this is actually true. I think two accounts with ICICI would be considered as one investment and the bonus would be calculated on the total sum invested.
    Originally posted by Razoo
    The jury is still out on this one.

I spoke to Raisin Customer Services on three separate occasions and three different advisors each informed me that if I did open a second ICICI account, the new account would definitely be eligible for a second bonus based on the amount invested.

Now, 2-weeks after opening my first ICICI account, I have invested just over 40K in a second ICICI account. This means that I now have two ICICI accounts with just over 40K in each. In theory this should entitle me to two 80 bonus payments.

I sent in my Bonus claim email for my first ICICI account and 13 minutes later I received an email acknowledging my claim.

2-weeks later I sent in my Bonus claim email for my second ICICI account and no acknowledgment email was forthcoming. This set me wondering...!

After a couple of days I telephoned Raisin Customer Services to enquire about the missing bonus acknowledgment. The advisor confirmed that both of my Bonus claim emails had been received and were showing on my account. He could not explain why the acknowledgment email wasn't automatically sent out, but then proceeded to send out the acknowledgment email manually.

The current situation is that I have opened two separate ICICI accounts through Raisin; I have submitted two Bonus claim emails and I have received two Bonus claim acknowledgments.

I'll post back if/when I have received the two bonus payments.
    _____
    Razoo
    • narcissa1
    • By narcissa1 26th Sep 18, 7:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    narcissa1
    All as expected
    Just to add to this, since I've been watching with interest: I applied when they were still offering the introductory 80 cash bonus, followed the instructions, and have just received my bonus. This arrived in my bank account about a week before the end of the advertised 60-day period, following a couple of recent emails letting me know that my claim had been approved.

Like others here I wasn't sure if 'upgrading' my account a couple of weeks ago (in response to their invitation) would somehow invalidate the bonus claim, but it hasn't

So I am a happy customer - and the one time I did contact them by phone (I made a mistake in my initial application details and had to phone to ask how to edit) they were very helpful.

Thank you to MSE both for pointing me towards this, and also for making it clear that you had to email them to make the bonus claim yourself (ie that it wouldn't follow automatically) - which I did.
    Last edited by narcissa1; 26-09-2018 at 7:26 PM. Reason: wording unclear
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 27th Sep 18, 9:21 AM
    • 3,654 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    I originally signed up for Starling and no mention of the 10 bonus. I sent a message to them yesterday explaining I thought it was unfair I would not qualify and received the following reply today.

Thank you for your message.

We would like to apologise for any confusion that may have arisen. The new Raisin Starling account will be set up in the first half of October and your 10 bonus will be placed on your account.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Your Raisin UK Customer Services Team

Unquote

I now assume everyone would then get this bonus payment.
    • Razoo
    • By Razoo 4th Oct 18, 11:12 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Razoo
    Bonus Payments Received
    Previously I wrote:

I spoke to Raisin Customer Services on three separate occasions and three different advisors each informed me that if I did open a second ICICI account, the new account would definitely be eligible for a second bonus based on the amount invested.

<snip>

The current situation is that I have opened two separate ICICI accounts through Raisin; I have submitted two Bonus claim emails and I have received two Bonus claim acknowledgments.

I'll post back if/when I have received the two bonus payments.
    The 60 day deadline for payment of my first Raisin/ICICI account bonus is 23 October 2018. For my second Raisin/ICICI account bonus it is 12 November 2018.

Yesterday I received an email from Raisin informing me that payment of my bonus was imminent. I assumed this would be just my first bonus payment.

Today I checked my nominated bank account and found that both 80 bonus payments were there, well ahead of schedule.

I think this authenticates Raisin UK's affirmation that every account opened is eligible for a bonus payment in its own right, even if multiple accounts are opened with the same provider.

So far Raisin have done everything they said they would and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
    _____
    Razoo
    • Rheumatoid
    • By Rheumatoid 4th Oct 18, 11:17 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 1,241 Thanks
    Rheumatoid
    I originally signed up for Starling and no mention of the 10 bonus. I sent a message to them yesterday explaining I thought it was unfair I would not qualify and received the following reply today.

Thank you for your message.

We would like to apologise for any confusion that may have arisen. The new Raisin Starling account will be set up in the first half of October and your 10 bonus will be placed on your account.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Unquote

I now assume everyone would then get this bonus payment.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    Here's hoping so. just got this:

Thank you for your response.

As stated in our previous email, we can confirm that you are indeed eligible to receive the 10 opt-in bonus.

Your new Raisin Starling account will soon be set up; you will be kept up to date via email. Your 10 bonus will be credited to your new account once it is in use.

If anything remains unclear please advise.

Kind regards,

I hadn't had a 'previous' email!
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter, Geo Solo II Monitor. Installed 29/9/2015 - 4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme)
    Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:
    Year 1 = 4152kWh; Year 2 =4169; Year 3 = 4389
    • NeilF355
    • By NeilF355 11th Oct 18, 4:07 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NeilF355

I think this authenticates Raisin UK's affirmation that every account opened is eligible for a bonus payment in its own right, even if multiple accounts are opened with the same provider.

_____
    Razoo

I also opened 2 ICICI accounts with Raisin, both on the 24/08/18 and today I received a total bonus payment of 160
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,901Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin