Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • akzy1990
    • By akzy1990 10th Aug 18, 7:06 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 3Thanks
    akzy1990
    Getting money back from baillif
    • 10th Aug 18, 7:06 PM
    Getting money back from baillif 10th Aug 18 at 7:06 PM
    Just received a letter from the county court, good news as it says the following which I found out what that means from a thread.

"The respondent filed a statutory declaration/ witness statement on 14 Feb. It is ordered that the order for recovery of unpaid penalty charge be revoked. It is further ordered that the charge certificate be cancelled.

Important note to respondent (me):

This order does NOT cancel the original PCN. The Local Authority may well take further action on it. The LA should inform you as soon as possible if it intends to do so."

The bottom of the letter says. " TE5B Notification that a statutory declaration / witness statement has been filed - unpaid penalty charge (CPR Part 75)".

My issue is that my brother has paid the bailiffs 100 beforehand one day which is really really stupid and annoying. However, my question is can I go back to the bailiff and claim my money back, please help as I am itching to call them!.
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,765 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 7:29 PM
    Should this question not be directed at those whom your brother paid?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Aug 18, 9:48 PM
    • 18,914 Posts
    • 29,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:48 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:48 PM
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

Alternatively contact:

http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • akzy1990
    • By akzy1990 11th Aug 18, 12:08 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    akzy1990
    • 11th Aug 18, 12:08 AM
    thankkksss!!
    • 11th Aug 18, 12:08 AM
    i will get on it thankssss!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,186Posts Today

7,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin