Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 10th Aug 18, 6:34 PM
    • 2,376Posts
    • 1,092Thanks
    greyteam1959
    Solarplicity Cancel Direct Debit ??
    • 10th Aug 18, 6:34 PM
    Solarplicity Cancel Direct Debit ?? 10th Aug 18 at 6:34 PM
    I left Solarplicity today......Thank You Lord.........!!!
    My account is 31.20 in credit as at August 10th ( today )
    My final bill may be around 10
    My next direct debit payment of 52 to them is on August 24th.
    Going on past performance I may be waiting months to get any credit balance refunded to my bank account.
    My thought is to cancel the direct debit with my bank now.
    Will they still be able to refund me my credit balance if I cancel the direct debit ??
Page 1
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 11th Aug 18, 9:13 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:13 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:13 AM
    I left Solarplicity today......Thank You Lord.........!!!
    My account is 31.20 in credit as at August 10th ( today )
    My final bill may be around 10
    My next direct debit payment of 52 to them is on August 24th.
    Going on past performance I may be waiting months to get any credit balance refunded to my bank account.
    My thought is to cancel the direct debit with my bank now.
    Will they still be able to refund me my credit balance if I cancel the direct debit ??
    Originally posted by greyteam1959
    Do not cancel your direct debit until you have received your final bill as you may otherwise be in breach of the terms of your contract and so be charged at a higher rate.

You will not have any further further payments collected after your final bill is produced (or the final bill will specify when the final collection will be made)

Any credit on the final bill will be repaid; likewise any outstanding balance owed will need to be paid.
    • fabsaver
    • By fabsaver 11th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 1,775 Thanks
    fabsaver
    • 11th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    I would cancel the DD now. The above is fine in theory but this is Solarplicity. Their customer services appear to have left the building and turned off the lights!

As far as I am aware paying by DD is not compulsory and there isn't any penalty for not doing so. Other methods or payment are discussed on the Solarplicity thread. You will still likely have a battle trying to get back your credit balance, but why give them another 52 when it is not necessary.
    • greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 11th Aug 18, 5:41 PM
    • 2,376 Posts
    • 1,092 Thanks
    greyteam1959
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:41 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:41 PM
    I would cancel the DD now. The above is fine in theory but this is Solarplicity. Their customer services appear to have left the building and turned off the lights!

As far as I am aware paying by DD is not compulsory and there isn't any penalty for not doing so. Other methods or payment are discussed on the Solarplicity thread. You will still likely have a battle trying to get back your credit balance, but why give them another 52 when it is not necessary.
    Originally posted by fabsaver
    Yes my thoughts entirely...
    But what about any refund of a credit balance if I cancel the direct debit ??
    Will they still be able to do that ??
    • fabsaver
    • By fabsaver 12th Aug 18, 3:37 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 1,775 Thanks
    fabsaver
    • 12th Aug 18, 3:37 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 3:37 PM
    I suspect it wouldn't go through automatically and would need to be a manual payment. They can do that but whether you are able to get hold of anyone to ask is another matter entirely.

If all else fails you could try reclaiming the last payment from your bank under the DD guarantee. I think some on the other thread had success with that method.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin