Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leodis23
    • By leodis23 10th Aug 18, 4:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    leodis23
    Economy Energy - 4 months on & still no final bill
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:51 PM
    Economy Energy - 4 months on & still no final bill 10th Aug 18 at 4:51 PM
    Honestly, switching to Economy was the worst financial decision I've ever made (and I bought Bitcoin!)

I closed my accounts (gas & electric) with them on 9th April and submitted my final meter reads on the phone. The gas has since been settled and received a final bill, however the electricity account still has credit in my online account.

Spoke to their support in early July to ask how long it'd take to get a refund, but they said they needed final meter readings. Told them that these were provided by phone on 9th April (they even show up in the meter read history) and they assured me a final bill was being generated. Spoke to them again today, and they've told me that a bill was never generated, and now I have to wait for the new supplier to confirm the meter reads - despite moving out of the house over 4 months ago.

Due to a "backlog" they say this can take weeks and that I shouldn't bother speaking to Ofgem because they "won't do anything". Is that the case? It's only a few quid in the account, I'm more concerned about an unexpected backbill for a (shared rental) property I moved out of months ago.
Page 1
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 10th Aug 18, 5:04 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    • 10th Aug 18, 5:04 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 5:04 PM
    Honestly, switching to Economy was the worst financial decision I've ever made (and I bought Bitcoin!)

I closed my accounts (gas & electric) with them on 9th April and submitted my final meter reads on the phone. The gas has since been settled and received a final bill, however the electricity account still has credit in my online account.

Spoke to their support in early July to ask how long it'd take to get a refund, but they said they needed final meter readings. Told them that these were provided by phone on 9th April (they even show up in the meter read history) and they assured me a final bill was being generated. Spoke to them again today, and they've told me that a bill was never generated, and now I have to wait for the new supplier to confirm the meter reads - despite moving out of the house over 4 months ago.

Due to a "backlog" they say this can take weeks and that I shouldn't bother speaking to Ofgem because they "won't do anything". Is that the case? It's only a few quid in the account, I'm more concerned about an unexpected backbill for a (shared rental) property I moved out of months ago.
    Originally posted by leodis23
    The advice you were provided was correct in that Ofgem to not deal with individual customer complaints.

I'm surprised the supplier did not refer yopu to their own complaint procedure.
    https://www.economyenergy.co.uk/customers/make-a-complaint/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

27Posts Today

4,416Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin