Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • danielle0000
    • By danielle0000 10th Aug 18, 4:35 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 4Thanks
    danielle0000
    POPLA Appeal - Premier Park xercise4less
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:35 PM
    POPLA Appeal - Premier Park xercise4less 10th Aug 18 at 4:35 PM
    Hi,

I recently received a fine from an xercise4less gym - their car park is monitored by Premier Park. They have a system in which you enter your registration number inside the gym, which registers you for 3 hours.

Recently I was driving a company car, instead of my own car, and without thinking entered my own reg plate instead of the actual car I was using.

I have appealed to Premier Park to explain this, but they have rejected. So I have now been referred to make a POPLA appeal.

I've read through the FAQ thread with a guide to appealing but still feel a bit unsure how to word the appeal and what chance I have of winning, if anyone can help? I'm also concerned now I have seen all the advice to not confirm who was driving, as I have already done this.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    • 37,521 Posts
    • 21,732 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    There are links to near template popla appeals in the FAQ in #3 there

Construct yours and put it up here for comments before sending it in

Check out the ppc's approach to taking court action at parkingappeals website

(They do have 6 years to take legal action and no-one knows if they will change their M.O. over the next few years)
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    • 19,633 Posts
    • 24,929 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    nobody has received a "fine" , the only person using the F word is yourself , its not mentioned on any of your paperwork of the signage on site either

its an invoice, nothing more, for perceived rule breaking

shame that the drivers details were given out, you should have stayed as hirer/keeper, so lesson learned for the future

see post #3 of the NEWBIES faq sticky thread for typical popla appeal points

also look at other recent 2018 popla appeals and plagiarise those in order to draft your own appeal, then post the draft on here for critique
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • danielle0000
    • By danielle0000 13th Aug 18, 2:12 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    danielle0000
    • 13th Aug 18, 2:12 PM
    • 13th Aug 18, 2:12 PM
    I have seen on some other threads mentions of complaining to the business the parking belongs to etc - does that mean it is potentially possible to complain to xercise4less to try and get the to tell Premier Park to drop the charge?
    Last edited by danielle0000; 13-08-2018 at 3:04 PM. Reason: typo
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 9,845 Posts
    • 10,185 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 13th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    I have seen on some other threads mentions of complaining to the business the parking belongs to etc - does that mean it is potentially possible to complain to xercise4less to try and get the to tell Premier Park to drop the PNC?
    Originally posted by danielle0000
    Yes .
    • danielle0000
    • By danielle0000 14th Aug 18, 6:42 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    danielle0000
    • 14th Aug 18, 6:42 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 6:42 PM
    I asked in the gym today if they could contact Premier Park to get the ticket thrown out, the first girl I spoke to said they couldn't do anything as the car park isn't owned by the gym but by Premier Park themselves. I insisted and the manager has agreed to contact them.

If the car park is owned by Premier Park themselves, can I still go down this route as a way to get it cancelled?

I'm still going to put something together for a POPLA appeal as a back up.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Aug 18, 6:50 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,669 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Aug 18, 6:50 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 6:50 PM
    It's not owned by PP. The girl was clueless.

Scammer private parking firms generally do not own car parks and they simply operate as parasites on other people's land, acting out a protection racket.

PP own no car parks, AFAIK.

Don't file a POPLA appeal this month till you've exhausted the complaint FIRST. Having a POPLA appeal in, can complicate a simple cancellation.

POPLA codes last just over 30 days from the date of rejection letter.
    • danielle0000
    • By danielle0000 14th Aug 18, 7:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    danielle0000
    • 14th Aug 18, 7:57 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 7:57 PM
    Great, thanks
    • danielle0000
    • By danielle0000 15th Aug 18, 1:41 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    danielle0000
    • 15th Aug 18, 1:41 PM
    • 15th Aug 18, 1:41 PM
    They have reduced the charge to 10 which I'm happy to pay for the sake of ease. Thank you for your help!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Aug 18, 2:00 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,669 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Jolly good, that is a result, I would agree.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Aug 18, 2:16 PM
    • 9,845 Posts
    • 10,185 Thanks
    KeithP
    Danielle0000, keep any receipt.

We have seen on here people pay a discounted charge and months, if not years, later they are being chased again for the full amount.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 15th Aug 18, 2:30 PM
    • 2,314 Posts
    • 3,208 Thanks
    NeilCr
    Think this underscores why it's important to talk to the manager. The staff at our gym are lovely but are mostly on NMW and would have little idea about the intricacies of any parking contract (not their fault or responsibility). You do need to go up the food chain.
    • danielle0000
    • By danielle0000 15th Aug 18, 5:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    danielle0000
    I have an email from PP directly agreeing to reduce the charge to 10, so will make sure I keep that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GillsSarah: Interesting! I always used to buy big name products cos I thought they?d be stronger. @MartinSLewis has changed my mind on?

• RT @think_jessica: Think Jessica the Film 30 min doc/drama based on my mother?s true story. Narrated by @MartinSLewis is now live on https:?

• RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Follow Martin