Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • helgaw51
    • By helgaw51 10th Aug 18, 1:21 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    helgaw51
    Regular Payments to meat company
    • 10th Aug 18, 1:21 PM
    Regular Payments to meat company 10th Aug 18 at 1:21 PM
    Hi

I am new here and not sure if this is the correct part of the Forum.

I for many years have been paying a regular amount to my favourite meat company online. the deal is that i can buy meat when I want it, and I get a little credit from them as long as I continue paying my DD. I am now in the position that I will be leaving the UK at the end of the year and I have a large balance in my account with them. They say that I may not have this money back except by using it to buy from them.

This company has changed hands a couple of times while I have been their customer and I no longer have the original terms and conditions that I signed up to. I have read the current ones and certainly it says that I may only have the money back by buying meat from them.

Any ideas if this is even legal.
Page 2
    • Labsuper
    • By Labsuper 10th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Labsuper
    I would live like a King and be having umpteen 'slap up' meals over the next four months.
    • greatgimpo
    • By greatgimpo 10th Aug 18, 8:53 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,100 Thanks
    greatgimpo
    Invite your family over for a 'fillet night'... oh and bring some wine when you come!
    • owen_money
    • By owen_money 11th Aug 18, 4:47 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 724 Thanks
    owen_money
    Spend it on a going away BBQ.
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    Look at post #12. The OP doesn't have any friends and I fear all that meat will be too much for one
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 11th Aug 18, 4:59 PM
    • 11,273 Posts
    • 9,640 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    because we all know the OP won't win if he divulges. If it's a small amount he'll just get comments like "Why bother, it's only £x." And if it's a large amount he'll just get "OMG! Why are you paying that much for meat?! Is it the meat of endangered tigers?!"
    Originally posted by Supersonos
    That's your opinion, MSErs generally try to be helpful and practical. Especially if the amount involved exceeds £3.99.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 11th Aug 18, 11:35 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 3,307 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    Just tell us how much. Why should people help out of their free time if you canít be bothered to give all of the information asked?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

7,373Users online

Martin's Twitter