Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Palec
    • By Palec 10th Aug 18, 12:10 PM
    • 86Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Palec
    Reply letter from BW legal
    • 10th Aug 18, 12:10 PM
    Reply letter from BW legal 10th Aug 18 at 12:10 PM
    Good Morning

Thank you for your recent email, the contents of which have been noted on file.

Please be advised that you have previously appealed this matter directly to Our Client.

Our Client rejected your appeal and sent you an appeal rejection letter. This letter outlined reasons for the rejection, you then appealed further with POPLA which still was not upheld. No more appeals can be made after this, the full Balance is Due.

Our Client's cause of action is that you breached the terms and conditions of the contract which you entered into by parking your vehicle in the car park, by failing to display a valid Pay & Display Ticket (PDT).

Our Client is pursuing you as the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Our Client does intend to reply on Schedule 4 of Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

The details of the claim are that your vehicle parked without displaying a valid PDT.

The Parking Charge Notice (PCN) which you have been issued with is for a breach of contract. The only right which you have to enter the land in question are on the terms and conditions which apply. It is unnecessary to apply an analysis of offer, acceptance and consideration quite simply because the contract was formed on mutual promises. By parking your vehicle in the car park you have entered into a unilateral contract with Our Client. Acceptance does not have to be communicated, the act of parking your vehicle is acceptance.

This is not a claim for trespass.

Please be aware that the contract between Our Client and the landowner is a legally privileged document which you have no right to inspect. However, should this matter progress to court, the contract will be adduced as evidence.

Our Client is under no obligation to supply this.

As established members of the Independent Parking Committee, Our Client adheres to their Code of Practice for Private Enforcement on Private Land and Unregulated Car Parks ('Code of Practice'). This Code of Practice gives recommendations in regards to the signage within the Car Park. The signs within the car park comply with the recommendations in the Code of Practice and are therefore deemed reasonable.

100.00 remains unpaid for the Parking Charge Notice. Additionally, you are also liable for our 60.00 instructions fee as your file has been passed to us.

This will be issued in due course.

Accordingly, the full Balance is Due.

Please contact us within 7 days of the date of this email to discuss repayment.

Should you have any queries please contact our office or alternatively sign in or register on our Online Customer Portal at www.bwlegal.co.uk.

Kind Regards,

bwlegal
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 12:12 PM
    • 36,839 Posts
    • 20,978 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Aug 18, 12:12 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 12:12 PM
    You need to keep everything in the one thread

You cannot expect us to search for your thread to see the circumstances

You can see how busy this forum is!

Let this thread die
    • Palec
    • By Palec 11th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Palec
    • 11th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    ok I will be posting to original one as suggested. Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

7Posts Today

3,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin