Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick T
    • By MSE Nick T 10th Aug 18, 11:49 AM
    • 50Posts
    • 35Thanks
    MSE Nick T
    Lidl English Breakfast Pan
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:49 AM
    Lidl English Breakfast Pan 10th Aug 18 at 11:49 AM
    Came across this in the news this morning:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-6042613/Cut-price-English-breakfast-pan-Lidl-lets-cook-multiple-items-goes-viral.html

Not sure about you guys, but i'm pretty pumped about this one!

MSE 1 fry-up anyone?
Page 2
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 11th Aug 18, 1:13 AM
    • 4,663 Posts
    • 4,248 Thanks
    dekaspace
    What are the differences?

Is it black pudding?
    And a slice of haggis?
    Originally posted by Pyxis

Generally tattie scone instead of hash brown and sometimes square sausage instead of regular, black and white pudding and haggis are just extras/variations.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 11th Aug 18, 2:03 AM
    • 14,888 Posts
    • 20,234 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Generally tattie scone instead of hash brown and sometimes square sausage instead of regular, black and white pudding and haggis are just extras/variations.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    No hash browns in an English breakfast. A MacDonalds breakfast maybe.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 11th Aug 18, 6:22 PM
    • 14,555 Posts
    • 27,594 Thanks
    onlyroz
    I've always cooked bacon, sausage and egg in the same pan - usually with the mushrooms floating about as well. Never had any issues. As for the egg in the pic being overcooked, that's exactly how I like them - runny yolk with a crispy frill around the edge. Yum yum.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 11th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    • 8,150 Posts
    • 25,121 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    It looks like it was styled with the hapless bachelor in mind (of either gender) and a complete scrote to clean properly.

But then we've a Massive frying pan for breakfasts out camping that requires a trivet or we put the coals out.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 11th Aug 18, 7:18 PM
    • 4,663 Posts
    • 4,248 Thanks
    dekaspace
    No hash browns in an English breakfast. A MacDonalds breakfast maybe.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Its something I have seen when staying in hotels, almost always get hash browns with the breakfast just as you almost always get tattie scones on a Scottish breakfast.

So maybe just a hotel thing, I don't like them myself and don't eat fry ups so can't say.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Aug 18, 7:22 PM
    • 39,220 Posts
    • 144,504 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yes, hash browns do seem to be on hotel breakfast buffets a lot.
    Another American import.

Sometimes, shock horror! they completely replace fried bread, which is a sacrilege.

Although the art of frying bread properly is also declining.

But a nicely fried piece of bread topped with hot (not lukewarm) baked beans is nectar of the gods. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Yum heaven.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Exile_geordie
    • By Exile_geordie 13th Aug 18, 11:44 AM
    • 4,779 Posts
    • 9,826 Thanks
    Exile_geordie
    I love hash browns. And fried bread.
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
    • welshbookworm
    • By welshbookworm 13th Aug 18, 11:58 AM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 6,705 Thanks
    welshbookworm
    Does anyone remember those split saucepans as well?

I inherited a double split saucepan and a triple split saucepan.

Used them a few times and then, yes, stuck them in the cupboard.
    They might be useful for camping.

Except I don't go camping!

This was the sort of thing......they all fitted on one ring, and one handle was interchangeable.

(I think the double one had a handle on each half).

Originally posted by Pyxis
    I had one of these when I was married ( only had a one ring cooker) , horrible things to clean.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

506Posts Today

5,222Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin