Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chrislxp
    • By chrislxp 10th Aug 18, 11:09 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    chrislxp
    TNC harassment and letters
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:09 AM
    TNC harassment and letters 10th Aug 18 at 11:09 AM
    I had a parking ticket back in January, in which I displayed a valid ticket of the cost of 4 that had an ending time of 12am. I stayed til 6:30pm and left. Yet there is a board that recently went up and they have changed the ticket pricing to 5 and only until 6pm. Yet the ticket machine still prints out tickets for 4 until 12am.

I ignored the ticket as I usually do with these things and they just go away (Note. I had not read this forum before). After about 3-4 months I received a phone call from TNC debt collectors asking me for my address to discuss a personal matter. I foolishly gave them it and they started talking about this parking ticket and how Id need to pay 100 plus a 60 admin fee. I had a brief rant at them and then put the phone down. I cannot remember if I confirmed the identity of the driver.

TNC have continued to ring me 3-4 times a week for the past 2 months. The first 4 to 5 calls I picked up and asked them to remove my phone number as I wasnt giving them my address and I don't believe they have the right to have my phone number. They just kept calling so eventually I blocked the number.

I received a letter the other day from them, with a bit more intent in it. So I decided to read up and that is when I found this forum. I know TNC is a debt collector and can't actually do anything to legally get the money from me, but as this has been going on a while. I need some advice in what I should do next.
Page 1
    • chrislxp
    • By chrislxp 10th Aug 18, 11:12 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    chrislxp
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:12 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:12 AM
    Im trying to attach an image of the letter, that was sent also. But I can't because I'm a new user?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Aug 18, 11:24 AM
    • 18,949 Posts
    • 29,826 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:24 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:24 AM
    In terms of where this might go, TNC are irrelevant, it is the parking company that will call the final shots. Who are they?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • chrislxp
    • By chrislxp 10th Aug 18, 11:26 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    chrislxp
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:26 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:26 AM
    The parking company is CPSMidlands
    Last edited by chrislxp; 10-08-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Aug 18, 11:31 AM
    • 8,159 Posts
    • 10,697 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:31 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:31 AM
    TNC = TOTAL TIMEWASTERS TO IGNORE

POWERLESS IN THE PARKING SCAM INDUSTRY

IDIOTS ... THEY CANNOT CHARGE A 60 ADMIN FEE
    That is their fake add-on. So with all their scam letters
    and unsolicited phone calls, they are wasting their own
    money, not yours
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,765 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    If the caller is a woman, breathe heavily and ask her what colour her undergarments are. If a chap feign deafness and ask him to speak up.

Alternatively play this down the mouthpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM

o
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Aug 18, 11:40 AM
    • 18,949 Posts
    • 29,826 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:40 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:40 AM
    Remove that link NOW - it contains all your personal details as well as other data making you easily identifiable to the PPC. They trawl forums like this, looking for threads where they can identify the poster and use anything you post which is inadvertently incriminating.

The parking company is CPSMidlands
    Totally benign - this isn't likely to go any further. They have never pursued a court case. That's not to say they never will (they have 6 years to do so), but I don't think a single ticket would be their starting point as it would likely cost them three times the value of anything they might recover - and, they might lose. So I don't think you're going to be the one to pop their cherry.

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/CPS_Midlands.html

Continue to ignore TNC, come back if you get anything from CPS Midlands, or any solicitor acting on their behalf.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Aug 18, 11:43 AM
    • 18,949 Posts
    • 29,826 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:43 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:43 AM
    If the caller is a woman, breathe heavily and ask her what colour her undergarments are. If a chap feign deafness and ask him to speak up.

Alternatively play this down the mouthpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM

o
    Originally posted by The Deep
    I bet you were quite a lad in your yoof TD.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Aug 18, 11:48 AM
    • 8,159 Posts
    • 10,697 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:48 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:48 AM
    CPSMidlands being a member of the scam IPC

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • chrislxp
    • By chrislxp 10th Aug 18, 11:50 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    chrislxp
    Should I use the blue Template appeal for BPA or IPC members from the newbie thread to appeal to CPSMidlands?

Also thanks for removing the link. My bad
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Aug 18, 11:54 AM
    • 18,949 Posts
    • 29,826 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Should I use the blue Template appeal for BPA or IPC members from the newbie thread to appeal to CPSMidlands?

Also thanks for removing the link. My bad
    Originally posted by chrislxp
    It's far too late for any appeal now - the ticket is from 8 months ago. Just keep your head down.

I haven't removed any link - you have to do that by editing your post #4.

• chrislxp
    • By chrislxp 10th Aug 18, 11:56 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    chrislxp
    Ok will do, and I've removed the link now.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 11:59 AM
    • 36,854 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Quentin
    Too late to appeal.

Follow the advice already given you in #7
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-08-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 10th Aug 18, 12:06 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    @Deep love your comments. If I do not want to speak to an organisation I always say I am the cleaner (which is true). It gets rid of them immediately.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 10-08-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Aug 18, 12:09 PM
    • 8,159 Posts
    • 10,697 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Or ask them for the 1st .. 5th .... 10th number of their
    password

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

1,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin