Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search

Results: Would you pay 10 a month to have your bins emptied on the alternative weeks to council collections?

Yes

6.14% • 7 votes

No

93.86% • 107 votes

You may not vote on this poll

114 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • CurlyWurly13
    • By CurlyWurly13 10th Aug 18, 10:33 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CurlyWurly13
    Bin Collections
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:33 AM
    Bin Collections 10th Aug 18 at 10:33 AM
    Doing some research. As you know, bin collections are every fortnight. Would you pay 10 a month to have someone collect your extra bin bags on the alternative weeks to the council collections?
Page 3
    • Kynthia
    • By Kynthia 12th Aug 18, 10:12 PM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 7,281 Thanks
    Kynthia
    Unfortunately our council recycling only takes plastic bottles, paper, cardboard, and cans. Therefore more goes into the normal rubbish bin than I'd like. It does mean that we still have weekly collections. Many of us take our glass waste to local recycling bins but we can't do that with everything.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 13th Aug 18, 12:07 AM
    • 5,645 Posts
    • 4,974 Thanks
    mgdavid
    No I wouldn't, as:
    1 - we have weekly refuse collections
    2 - I already pay 2500 per annum in council tax
    3 - we have bags not a bin for general rubbish and there's no limit on the number of bags (other than the allocation of 80 bags p.a.)
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

4,623Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin