Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pop37
    • By pop37 10th Aug 18, 10:07 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 15Thanks
    pop37
    Weird Event happened should I do anything about it
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:07 AM
    Weird Event happened should I do anything about it 10th Aug 18 at 10:07 AM
    Not sure if this is the correct place for this but here goes.
    I went to the local tip this morning to get rid of a load of boxes that we had accumulated. I had just finished and was walking back to my vehicle when a new-ish (17 plate) white car pulls up next to me and the male driver beckons me over. I take a step closer to the car to be asked what time the tip closes. I thought it was a bit odd as he was already there. I reply but get drowned out by him revving the engine so have to step closer to repeat myself. He then asks me to remove his rubbish for him from the vehicle.

I say no, to which he acts like he has cerebral palsy, (I have a friend with it so know what it looks like) or something similar. I say I am unable to do lifting so no. He then tells me its only quilts. I repeat my no having stepped further away from the vehicle and get back into my vehicle.

He drives off towards the exit and then turns round, still within the tip area and drives back towards the entrance as I drive to the exit and leave the site. Presuming that he was looking for a member of staff.

As I drive home two things occur to me.
    1. My friend is less visibly affected by her condition and is not allowed to ever drive, so what did I just see.
    2. Why did he choose that moment to rev his car.
    3. Why did he not ask the two men unloading the vehicle next to me to assist.

Due to having a dash cam I have the mans full registration plate and I am wondering if I should bring this event to anyone's attention.

Please tell me what you would do in this situation as I am a bit worried.
Page 2
    • Seanymph
    • By Seanymph 11th Aug 18, 11:33 AM
    • 2,680 Posts
    • 18,052 Thanks
    Seanymph
    Oh, I hate these posts - because I am alone.

If you thought it was wrong, it may have been wrong. If it would give you peace of mind to let someone know then do that. If they then ignore it, or decide to not follow it up at least you know you have reacted.

I didn't on two occasions that I wish I had because I talked myself out of it - but wish now I'd done something. We tend to regret what we don't do rather than what we do .............. so, put your mind at rest and let someone know.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 11th Aug 18, 12:21 PM
    • 29,609 Posts
    • 75,706 Thanks
    Mojisola
    Due to having a dash cam I have the mans full registration plate and I am wondering if I should bring this event to anyone's attention.
    Originally posted by pop37
    If you thought it was wrong, it may have been wrong. If it would give you peace of mind to let someone know then do that. If they then ignore it, or decide to not follow it up at least you know you have reacted.

I didn't on two occasions that I wish I had because I talked myself out of it - but wish now I'd done something. We tend to regret what we don't do rather than what we do .............. so, put your mind at rest and let someone know.
    Originally posted by Seanymph
    I wouldn't ignore gut instinct, either.

You don't need to make a big issue of it - contact your neighbourhood officer and see if he/she wants to make a note of the details.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,327Posts Today

8,158Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin