Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • macstew73
    • By macstew73 10th Aug 18, 9:22 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    macstew73
    DFS sofa query
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:22 AM
    DFS sofa query 10th Aug 18 at 9:22 AM
    Hi All.
    We bought a recliner from DFS recently and it was delivered last Thurs 2nd Aug. In the first instance we were happy but my wife started to mention that she didn't find it comfortable on her side. I tried her side and noticed that it didn't feel as comfortable as my side and you noticed you could feel a lump digging in on our behind when sitting and also when the recliner was in use. When looking from underneath it appeared to be the area where one of the springs is. We contacted DFS and they sent out a service manager today to have a look. I mentioned this to him and he disagreed with me several times saying he was happy with it and couldn't feel anything and that if something was wrong he would happily get it repaired. I said that we've bought something that we are not 100% happy with but he said there was nothing he could do. What are our rights? Are we able to return this even if he says there's nothing wrong with it but we just aren't happy with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 10th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 6,896 Posts
    • 15,040 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    How did you buy this item? If you bought it in store and there is no fault, just an incompatibility issue, no right to a refund.

If you looked at it in store, went away, had a think, then ordered it on the net/phone, you have no right to a refund if its not faulty.

If you ordered it entirely on the phone or the internet, then you can return it for a refund. They can, if their terms state this, make you pay for return delivery if it is not faulty.
    • Zandoni
    • By Zandoni 10th Aug 18, 10:19 AM
    • 2,875 Posts
    • 1,540 Thanks
    Zandoni
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:19 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:19 AM
    I'd suggest going into the store and see how the display one feels.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

464Posts Today

3,896Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin