Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarahjane21
    • By sarahjane21 9th Aug 18, 8:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sarahjane21
    bailiff's letter for parking
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:25 PM
    bailiff's letter for parking 9th Aug 18 at 8:25 PM
    I received a bailiffs latter last week from DCBL certified bailiffs and high court enforcement which was a notice of debt recovery, in relation to an unpaid debt. Not knowing what it was I telephoned them to as what it was for. They told me it was it was in relation to non-payment of a parking fine from 2015, and when they gave me the registration number of my car, it was a motability car that I returned in 2015. I had been on holiday with my wife and daughter and on returning home I flew into Liverpool airport and my son picked us up outside the terminal building and as he was putting the suitcases into the car he informed me that there was a "City Watch" van with a camera on the roof. We came home, and a couple of weeks or so later I received a notification that my car had been stopped outside the Terminal Building for 48 seconds, and for that reason I was being fined 100. I forget the exact amount. I completely forgot about it and heard no more. However only a few weeks ago I received a letter from DCBL Bailiffs stating "Your overdue amount of 100 due to vehicle control services in relation to an unpaid debt has now been passed to DCBL to recover the debt on their behalf, a further 50 plus VAT administration and recovery fee has now been accrued therefore the total amount now due is now 160. To ensure no further action will take place please make immediate payment. This letter has arrived totally out of the blue after almost 3 years. Is there anything that I can do about this? or do I just have to pay this fine. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Kindest Regards, Graham Howard.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Aug 18, 8:29 PM
    • 9,930 Posts
    • 10,232 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:29 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:29 PM
    You would be wise to edit your post to remove your full name.

Sorry, I cannot read that slab of text you have thrown at us.

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to better understand the game you are now caught up in.
    Last edited by KeithP; 09-08-2018 at 8:31 PM.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 9th Aug 18, 8:33 PM
    • 1,942 Posts
    • 2,410 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:33 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:33 PM
    they well be a bailiff company , however in this case they are acting as debt collectors using language to upset you

you so called "debt" is civil and has not progressed to court , so a bailiff is a joke
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 9:57 PM
    • 19,828 Posts
    • 31,316 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:57 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:57 PM
    Check the letter carefully - somewhere near the bottom of it, does it say (words similar to) 'This is not subject to high court enforcement or bailiff action'?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Aug 18, 9:47 AM
    • 10,247 Posts
    • 10,139 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:47 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:47 AM
    Repl as follows "TYFYL dated xxxx. The alleged debt is in dispute and you should refer the matter back to your clients".

Then read up on parking tickets on land covered by (Railway) bye laws.

On no account reveal who was driving, and complain to your MP.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentionThe problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

1,236Users online

Martin's Twitter