Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • resilie
    • By resilie 9th Aug 18, 8:24 PM
    • 161Posts
    • 401Thanks
    resilie
    ERRBO for NHS 2015 pension scheme
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:24 PM
    ERRBO for NHS 2015 pension scheme 9th Aug 18 at 8:24 PM
    Hi

Has anyone looked into the overall cost vs benefit of getting ERRBO set up if you already know that you will not be working till state pension age in the NHS? I am hoping to retire at around 60, my pension age is 68 (currently) and the maximum you can bring it forward by is 3 years... currently that would mean an extra 3.6% in contributions for another 25 to 28 years - is it worth it? is there a sweet spot (age wise) when one should start or is earlier better?

Thanks for your advice
Page 1
    • louloubelle79
    • By louloubelle79 9th Aug 18, 10:19 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    louloubelle79
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:19 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:19 PM
    I asked the same Q recently and still undecided. Need to work out how much I would be paying until then to make my decision if worth it. Have you looked at making additional payments also and/or AVC ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,980Posts Today

8,756Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin