Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DooBeeShrimp
    • By DooBeeShrimp 9th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DooBeeShrimp
    Cel pcn
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    Cel pcn 9th Aug 18 at 4:40 PM
    Hi,

From June 2017-June 2018, I worked for a coffee shop based at a service station which has ANPR (I'm assuming?) cameras which enforce the 1 hour parking rule. Obviously, I worked longer than 1 hour shifts, and after speaking with management said that PCNs aren't enforceable as long as I explain I worked there and provide proof of the schedule.

I received a PCN "final reminder" on the 11/06/18 for the incident which allegedly occurred on the 23/04/2018, in that time I have gotten a new job and moved house, so I believe the initial fine I intended to deal with was lost in the move.

Upon receiving this "final reminder", I sent the below email:

Good afternoon,

I am the registered keeper and owner of a blue Toyota *********, VRM **********

I received a PCN for I believe the 23/04/2018 after staying over the 1 hour limit. I can say that this is due to my employment at *SERVICE STATION* and on this date I was on a 1400x2200 shift, this is an 8 hour shift which is therefore longer than the 1 hour limit.

I consulted management at *SERVICE STATION* who confirmed I had permission to stay in the car park for the duration of my shift, therefore giving me right and authority to remain.

This is the third time I have received a PCN for being in this car park, the first time I challenged I was successful with Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA), who agreed I have right and authority to stay in the car park over the time if I am working at the ********* at that time.

I consider myself harassed and distressed by the PCN process, as it causes me to worry that I may have to pay money that I do not owe.

I have attached a schedule where you can see I am known as !!!8220;***" on there showing I am rota!!!8217;d in for 1400x2200 on that date

I would like the PCN to be cancelled on the above grounds.

If I receive no communication saying otherwise, I will assume you have cancelled the fine from your end.

Regards,

--

They've since replied by post stating the PCN issued was correct and I have to pay, not addressing my points or concerns and rejecting my opinion I'm feeling harassed and distressed.

I replied with this email:

Good afternoon,

I am the registered keeper and owner of a blue Toyota *******, VRM ************

I write this email in reference to PCN *******

I note your reply and insistence that I pay the amount owed. I insist I owe no money and at said time of the PCN, I was at work as I have proved and stated.

I note you state that my vehicle was not registered to be exempt, this is a clerical error and I will be contacting staff at *************** to write to you on my behalf to confirm I did indeed have right and authority to park in the car park for the duration of my shift.

I also note you did not issue me with a POPLA reference number? Please can I be provided with a POPLA reference number so I can seek independent decisions on this matter. I have not submitted an appeal for this PCN prior to the one I submitted on the 19/07/2018 *(which was directly to the issuer rather than via POPLA)*, so I am still well within the 28 days.

Could you please contact me to confirm the above where needed.

Regards,

--

And today they've sent me a letter stating they are ceasing correspondence and that I will be passed onto a debt collection agency if I don't pay.

I'm worried that this could affect my credit score etc, is there any advice anyone could provide? I'm extremely confused as on the initial "final reminder" from the 11/06, they stated they would issue a POPLA reference on appeal, which they've failed to do.

Any advice I'm grateful for,
    thanks
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 4:45 PM
    • 20,522 Posts
    • 32,440 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:45 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:45 PM
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 (about the scam) and post #4 (about debt collectors) to get to know about what you are now embroiled in.

I'm worried that this could affect my credit score etc
    Urban myth, read here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849106
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

448Posts Today

3,121Users online

Martin's Twitter