Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Plimmer2
    • By Plimmer2 9th Aug 18, 4:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Plimmer2
    Smart Parking ticket, issued 23/07/2018
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:21 PM
    Smart Parking ticket, issued 23/07/2018 9th Aug 18 at 4:21 PM
    Hi there everyone,

So I received my first parking ticket in my life a couple of weeks ago and I was looking to pay the fine off as normal however a dmfruend of mine mentioned that he had heard people not paying these fines and getting away with it.

I was then sent to this forum as my sister said she uses it regularly for tips on how to save money and how helpful people were on here.

I have seen there is a parking ticket thread already on this forum however as I'm reading through it I keep going cross eyed I just don't understand what all the acronyms are and what type of parking fine I've got etc.

Am I right in think the first thing I have to do is appeal this and state that I wasn't driving the car as essentially there is no photo evidence of this?

I've seen people mention a POPLA code also which is something I'm going to need, correct?

Thank you people.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 4:28 PM
    • 36,798 Posts
    • 20,912 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:28 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:28 PM
    Take more time to get to grips with the game you are now caught up in

All your questions are covered in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Concentrate on #1 in the faq for the time being

Acronyms are explained in #5 of the faq

It isn't a "fine"!
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-08-2018 at 4:32 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,968Posts Today

8,818Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin