Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Karl
    • By MSE Karl 9th Aug 18, 4:15 PM
    • 87Posts
    • 31Thanks
    MSE Karl
    MSE News: Lloyds to slash rewards for Avios credit cardholders
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:15 PM
    MSE News: Lloyds to slash rewards for Avios credit cardholders 9th Aug 18 at 4:15 PM
    Lloyds Bank is dramatically scaling back the benefits of its Avios Rewards credit card, cutting the number of Avios points existing customers can earn by up to two thirds and scrapping its free flight upgrade offer.
    Read the full story:
    'Lloyds to slash rewards for Avios credit cardholders'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 10th Aug 18, 8:25 AM
    • 2,253 Posts
    • 937 Thanks
    20aday
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:25 AM
    Yet there still isn!!!8217;t any information surrounding the Choice Rewards Duo and what their plan is with that scheme...
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Yawn
    • By Yawn 10th Aug 18, 8:25 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Yawn
    I'm going to miss this card. The upgrade voucher is pretty much the only one tailored for the solo traveller, and I've gotten upgrades to India and Korea out of it.

There is some more info and speculation on the Headforpoints website. Whether I'll be able to get one last voucher out of it will depend on when I receive my letter...
    • lnesbitt
    • By lnesbitt 16th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    lnesbitt
    • 16th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    • 16th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    So, this is slightly related... I have the Lloyds duo Amex/Mastercard thing going on, have been for years and have collected loads of Avios.

But now, Avios have been moved to British Airways Executive Club. My Avios from flights are there, but not from my Lloyds spend. And I cannot, for love nor money, find out to claim for them... any ideas?
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 16th Aug 18, 10:49 PM
    • 3,252 Posts
    • 4,174 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 16th Aug 18, 10:49 PM
    • 16th Aug 18, 10:49 PM
    So, this is slightly related... I have the Lloyds duo Amex/Mastercard thing going on, have been for years and have collected loads of Avios.

But now, Avios have been moved to British Airways Executive Club. My Avios from flights are there, but not from my Lloyds spend. And I cannot, for love nor money, find out to claim for them... any ideas?
    Originally posted by lnesbitt

It appears you can still log in to your Avios account - it seems to offer me the option to transfer my Avios to BA Executive Club if I want to or to keep/use them via Avios for other things.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • guesswho2000
    • By guesswho2000 18th Aug 18, 2:24 AM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 739 Thanks
    guesswho2000
    • 18th Aug 18, 2:24 AM
    • 18th Aug 18, 2:24 AM

Originally posted by lnesbitt

The Avios from Lloyds spend should be auto crediting to BAEC, that's if your Avios.com account has actually been closed. If you have an Aer Lingus Aerclub account, for example, that used Avios.com, so your Avios account remains open. Confused yet?
    • guesswho2000
    • By guesswho2000 18th Aug 18, 2:26 AM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 739 Thanks
    guesswho2000
    • 18th Aug 18, 2:26 AM
    • 18th Aug 18, 2:26 AM
    It appears you can still log in to your Avios account - it seems to offer me the option to transfer my Avios to BA Executive Club if I want to or to keep/use them via Avios for other things.
    Originally posted by Dobbibill

Indeed, and I can still pull Avios into it from Iberia. I am also an AerClub member, so my Avios.com account won't close apparently, are you also a member of AerClub by any chance? A lot of points and miles collectors will be (Aer Lingus' new loyalty programme, also using Avios).
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 18th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 3,252 Posts
    • 4,174 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 18th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 18th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    Indeed, and I can still pull Avios into it from Iberia. I am also an AerClub member, so my Avios.com account won't close apparently, are you also a member of AerClub by any chance? A lot of points and miles collectors will be (Aer Lingus' new loyalty programme, also using Avios).
    Originally posted by guesswho2000
    I'm not a member of AerClub - happy to continue using my Avios points as I've always done
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,510Posts Today

6,084Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin