Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 9th Aug 18, 3:32 PM
    • 291Posts
    • 116Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Plusnet becomes first broadband provider to introduce end-of-contract reminders - MSE News
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:32 PM
    Plusnet becomes first broadband provider to introduce end-of-contract reminders - MSE News 9th Aug 18 at 3:32 PM
    Plusnet has promised to warn new customers when their contract is coming to an end - and will guarantee not to raise prices mid-contract...
    Read the full story:
    'Plusnet becomes first broadband provider to introduce end-of-contract reminders'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • redux
    • By redux 9th Aug 18, 6:43 PM
    • 18,402 Posts
    • 24,477 Thanks
    redux
    • 9th Aug 18, 6:43 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 6:43 PM
    Is it the first?

On 28th June I received an email from EE that your deal ends soon, this means your price may change, lots of great deals, call us

25th August
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 9th Aug 18, 6:51 PM
    • 8,846 Posts
    • 6,584 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 9th Aug 18, 6:51 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 6:51 PM
    Was that for your broadband or mobile?
    • redux
    • By redux 9th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    • 18,402 Posts
    • 24,477 Thanks
    redux
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    Was that for your broadband or mobile?
    Originally posted by pmduk
    Home landline and broadband

I thought that's what this was about. Have I posted by mistake?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    • 36,847 Posts
    • 20,988 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    Promising no price increase during the contract looks s first.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-08-2018 at 7:38 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 9th Aug 18, 7:44 PM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:44 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:44 PM
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Don't Talktalk do that though and have for awhile?
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 9th Aug 18, 7:51 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:51 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:51 PM
    As @Colin_Maybe said TalkTalk do offer this too.

And just like TalkTalk, the fixed price is only on line rental and broadband. All other elements may increase at any time (e.g call costs, TV). So not a 100% fixed deal.

Given Plusnet's role is to take customers from TalkTalk, it is hardly surprising that they are copying them.
    Last edited by gsmlnx; 09-08-2018 at 7:52 PM. Reason: Add more
    • VT82
    • By VT82 10th Aug 18, 10:17 AM
    • 978 Posts
    • 810 Thanks
    VT82
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:17 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:17 AM
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Probably being done so that they don't have to allow people to leave penalty free when they jack up the price by a quid a month, even if the customer has just had a juicy cashback incentive and free router for joining them.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 10th Aug 18, 4:53 PM
    • 8,846 Posts
    • 6,584 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:53 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:53 PM
    Home landline and broadband

I thought that's what this was about. Have I posted by mistake?
    Originally posted by redux
    Not at all, just avoiding any confusion.
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 10th Aug 18, 11:03 PM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 1,237 Thanks
    Ian011
    You meant, of course, "end of minimum term" reminders - but they are only doing what new Ofcom rules will force them to do shortly, anyway:
    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-2/end-of-contract-notifications

The move by Plusnet is just a headline-grabbing exercise in a similar manner to when Three started offering free calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers a while before Ofcom rules compelled all mobile providers to do this.

Or when whoever it was started offering free caller ID ahead of the 1 October 2018 deadline when all providers must offer this.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 10th Aug 18, 11:14 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 937 Thanks
    20aday
    BT offer fixed prices for 18 months on their new 'Plus' plans but once you read the terms and conditions again out of allowance charges etc aren't fixed.

Interestingly Plus.net still mention any changes that are detrimental may allow early termination of contracts; wonder if this will apply to their 'fixed' plans?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 11th Aug 18, 9:42 AM
    • 4,585 Posts
    • 1,444 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    BT offer fixed prices for 18 months on their new 'Plus' plans but once you read the terms and conditions again out of allowance charges etc aren't fixed.

Interestingly Plus.net still mention any changes that are detrimental may allow early termination of contracts; wonder if this will apply to their 'fixed' plans?
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Why would they remove it - they could make any number of detrimental changes...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,054Posts Today

9,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin