Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    • By Grey's_Anatomyfan643 9th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 79Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    0 WOW
    First time on a plane
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    0 WOW
    First time on a plane 9th Aug 18 at 3:21 PM
    Would like to hear your thoughts or experience. What was it like first time you ever been on a plane? I have booked my first ever holiday to Benidorm for January 6, 2019 - and it will be my first time on a plane, I am sending my passport of tomorrow. Was you nervous when the plane took off? I am so excited to go on a plane, but nervous at the same time, should I be worried? I can't wait...
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 9th Aug 18, 3:58 PM
    • 3,862 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:58 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:58 PM
    Was you nervous when the plane took off?
    Originally posted by Grey's_Anatomyfan643
    Not in the slightest, just pure exhilaration at the sheer power accelerating and thrusting the craft along the runway and up into the sky. That was about fifty three years ago - if only I could relive the thrill of those first few flights - either I gradually became jaded or modern aircraft have a more smooth and gentle action.

In any case I never have the slightest doubt about the mechanical, technical and professional excellence that we are privileged to enjoy during a modern commercial flight.

Tell us after how it felt for you first time.
    Evolution, not revolution
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 9th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 517 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    stevie11
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    I was very excited as a child for my first flight back in the 70s on a propellered plane from the old Speke to the Isle of Man, from memory it was a totally different feeling to the quieter more modern jets of today.

I considered the flights as part of the holidays when I was younger but since I have had children I feel relieved to get to my destination. Nowadays unless travelling in business I consider the flying part as a means to get from a to b, although I usually try to choose the airline I travel with to get the best benefit for the destination travelling to. Of course bearing in mind the cost!!!128521;
    • cubegame
    • By cubegame 9th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    cubegame
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    It was much less exciting than the average roller coaster but I did get the in flight meal version of a full English breakfast.

Flying with Airtours to Mahon sometime in the late 80s.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    • 4,459 Posts
    • 5,853 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    Flying is often cramped, the aircraft noisy and occasionally bumpy. The food is rubbish and some flights feel like it's a shopping trip with the amount they try and sell you.

Not only that most airports are expensive shopping centres too.

I love it.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

4,893Users online

Martin's Twitter