Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Roturnbull
    • By Roturnbull 9th Aug 18, 2:50 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Roturnbull
    Hotpoint washer shell
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:50 PM
    Hotpoint washer shell 9th Aug 18 at 2:50 PM
    At the bottom of my two year old hotpoint washer I have what I think is called a stability bar bolted across the case. The case of the machine has cracked around the bolts causing the drum to wobble . Hotpoint say itís corrosion and I must pay call and and repair . Is this fair ?can any one give me an opinion ?
    I am trying to post a picture but it is really confusing as I am not allowed to post a link
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 9th Aug 18, 2:55 PM
    • 2,370 Posts
    • 3,163 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:55 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:55 PM
    Is it corroded? Where is the machine installed? Have you adhered exactly to the installation instructions which will probably specify minimum clearances all around the machine, where it can/cannot be installed, etc.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 9th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    • 11,093 Posts
    • 4,808 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    They do get corroded around the base often due to water spillage etc.

Fair yes if its user damage .
    Have Hotpoint looked at it ??

Any claim uder Hotpoint warranty is subject to their terms .
    Consumer Rights claim against the vendor >> They will probably ask for you to prove your claim of not damage via an independent engineers report .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,898Posts Today

8,862Users online

Martin's Twitter