Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wells888
    • By Wells888 9th Aug 18, 2:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wells888
    Brittania Parking POPLA appeal
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:00 PM
    Brittania Parking POPLA appeal 9th Aug 18 at 2:00 PM
    Hello all - unfortunately I discovered this forum too late it seems.

On leaving a Britannia car park I tried to pay and the machine wouldn't take credit cards - only cash. I then downloaded the Paybyphone app and paid through that - I did get a notification that said 'payment successful'. Unfortunately no payment was taken, the app must have been malfunctioning and I didnt realise until I recieved the PCN.

I explained the above (admitted that it was me ) and following aappeal it we went to a POPLA appeal - I explained the above and also included some signage, land ownership stuff. Britannia have replied with a ton of evidence, signage photos, machine logs etc. I now have 7 days to comment.

Any advice for the comments? And should I budget for having to pay the fine? Any help would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    • 3,722 Posts
    • 4,532 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    IT IS NOT A FINE

Just an invoice

If you have a screenshot showing "payment successful" then an issue with *their* payment processor is nothing to do with you. You are entitled, as a consumer, to rely on infomation presented.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Aug 18, 2:17 PM
    • 9,930 Posts
    • 10,232 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:17 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:17 PM
    You must now go through their evidence with a fine toothed comb looking for mistakes. We have even seen pictures of signs from a car park over 100 miles away.

Look for any points that you made in your appeal that they have not challenged and point those out to PoPLA too.

Be concise. You only have 2000 characters to respond.

Be quick. You only have seven days.

You must respond or you will lose.

Even if you lose at PoPLA there is still no need to pay.
    The decision is not binding on you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

1,236Users online

Martin's Twitter