Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • louise820
    • By louise820 9th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    louise820
    Santander store card PPI Info
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    Santander store card PPI Info 9th Aug 18 at 1:15 PM
    Hi

This is my first post, hoping someone can shed some light on dealing with santander.

I contacted them around 8 weeks ago to search on old store cards I know I had in the 2000s.
    I was a student and also worked during this time. They wrote back to me saying they had found 6 cards with PPI on and so I put a claim in for them. Debenhams, house of fraser, topshop, dorothy perkins etc. Thy have been in touch in this time to tell me they were investigating then wrote back to me this week saying they were not going to uphold the claim unless I basically gave them information supporting it. I have sent off student loan information and job info that I had. All the dates fit into when I opened the cards and I in no way should have had PPI from my POV. They seem to drag it all out from what I can see on other posts here and speaking to other people. I had a very fast successful claim with barclaycard who did not want all this info or long winded questionnaires filling o!t but I know these things take time.

My questions are are they paying out on cards opened prior to 2005?
    I feel abit confused about the whole thing as they have requested more info but from some posts on here it seems they don't pay out on early cards. My first card with DP was taken out in Oct 2000 when I was actually a student and only 18. I have provided them with about 25 sheets of paperwork supporting the claims about what I was doing at the time. Like many they were opened in store I didn't have a clue what ppi was.
    I just wondered if anyone had any up to date info about historical store cards ppi and santander as I'm starting to think I wore my printer out for no reason

Thanks all
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 9th Aug 18, 3:15 PM
    • 6,210 Posts
    • 3,786 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:15 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:15 PM
    Assuming the complaints are not time barred they should uphold any where the card was taken out when you were a student only (i.e. not working) as the PPI wouldn't cover you. Any point when you were working more than 15 hours a week, the PPI would cover you so would probably need more of a stronger complaint reason
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,779Posts Today

6,764Users online

Martin's Twitter