Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • laurierosee
    • By laurierosee 9th Aug 18, 12:43 PM
    • 79Posts
    • 6,432Thanks
    laurierosee
    Refund delivery charge for faulty item?
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:43 PM
    Refund delivery charge for faulty item? 9th Aug 18 at 12:43 PM
    Wondered if anyone could help with this please.

I ordered a dress online and it came with faulty stitching. I am going to be returning it at the weekend but thought i'd email the company and query whether i'll get my delivery charge back as part of the refund because its not in the expected condition. (The delivery charge I paid to get it delivered to me).

They've said no as the courier successfully delivered it to me. Is this right or should they be refunding it?

TIA
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 9th Aug 18, 2:36 PM
    • 13,012 Posts
    • 8,822 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:36 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:36 PM
    Wondered if anyone could help with this please.

I ordered a dress online and it came with faulty stitching. I am going to be returning it at the weekend but thought i'd email the company and query whether i'll get my delivery charge back as part of the refund because its not in the expected condition. (The delivery charge I paid to get it delivered to me).

They've said no as the courier successfully delivered it to me. Is this right or should they be refunding it?

TIA
    Originally posted by laurierosee
    Where are they based? If they are in the UK, then yes they need to pay the returns postage or have the item collected at their cost.
    • laurierosee
    • By laurierosee 9th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 6,432 Thanks
    laurierosee
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Yes based in the UK (Prettylittlething). The return is free anyway but i'm talking about the delivery charge I paid for it to be delivered to my house.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    • 6,896 Posts
    • 15,037 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    Their T&C's do not state what they have said to you in email. Say you are returning under your DSR rights (as they claim on their T&c's they will refund) Might focus their mind a bit.
    • laurierosee
    • By laurierosee 9th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 6,432 Thanks
    laurierosee
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    Their T&C's do not state what they have said to you in email. Say you are returning under your DSR rights (as they claim on their T&c's they will refund) Might focus their mind a bit.
    Originally posted by marliepanda

Thanks Marlie, do you know if I can still do it this way if the item they sent is faulty?
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Aug 18, 3:18 PM
    • 6,896 Posts
    • 15,037 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:18 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:18 PM
    Thanks Marlie, do you know if I can still do it this way if the item they sent is faulty?
    Originally posted by laurierosee
    Yes, I think there has simply been confusion with your email. They do not have to refund postage for change of mind purchases if the T&C dictates that.
    • laurierosee
    • By laurierosee 9th Aug 18, 3:23 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 6,432 Thanks
    laurierosee
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:23 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:23 PM
    Yes, I think there has simply been confusion with your email. They do not have to refund postage for change of mind purchases if the T&C dictates that.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    The person I'm emailing knows its faulty and I have checked and double checked that the postage isn't refundable and he is adamant it isn't so i'm glad you've brought this to my attention. Thanks very much
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,189Posts Today

8,680Users online

Martin's Twitter