Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alanhudson666
    • By Alanhudson666 9th Aug 18, 11:37 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Alanhudson666
    Gandys not free flip flops
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:37 AM
    Gandys not free flip flops 9th Aug 18 at 11:37 AM
    Having the promotion for free flip flops with very purchases from Gandys I went onto their website, signed up & received a £5 off welcome code. I purchased a pair of shorts put in the code for the £5 off & expected to receive my shorts & flip flops. Only the shorts arrived. I contact Gandys customer services & they said you had to enter a code to get the free flip flops, which I didn’t see. They then said you can only enter one code per purchase. So I asked how can you promote free flips with every purchase when you can only enter one code? I asked them to forfill their part of the purchase, which they refused. The only way I could get “free” flip flops was to refund the £5 welcome & pay £4.95 p&p.
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Aug 18, 12:01 PM
    • 6,687 Posts
    • 14,522 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:01 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:01 PM
    I imagine in the terms it says one promo per order. You are trying to use two.

I'm not sure what 'forfill' means, maybe fulfill.? They would have fulfilled the offer if you had opted for that offer, you instead chose to get £5 off.

You can get free flip flops. You can't get free flip flops AND £5 off.
    • Alanhudson666
    • By Alanhudson666 9th Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alanhudson666
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    The ad I saw in the paper clearly states free flip flops with !!!8220;any!!!8221; purchase. It!!!8217;s that simple but impossible for them to fulfill.
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 9th Aug 18, 12:51 PM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 5,220 Thanks
    powerful_Rogue
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:51 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:51 PM
    The ad I saw in the paper clearly states free flip flops with !!!8220;any!!!8221; purchase. It!!!8217;s that simple but impossible for them to fulfill.
    Originally posted by Alanhudson666
    Just been to their site and their is a HUGE banner telling you to enter a code at checkout to receive them.

If you enter two codes, it informs you that you can only have one promotion.

So in your case, either £5 off OR a pair of free flip flops. However considering you didn't enter the code its neither here nor there.

Lots of companies don't allow code stacking.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 9th Aug 18, 1:03 PM
    • 11,504 Posts
    • 7,520 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:03 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:03 PM
    did you actually put the flip flops into your basket so have been charged for them? testing an order, put 1 item plus a pair of the marked flip flops into the basket entering the code from the homepage "freeflipflops" this then removes the cost of the flipflops in your basket
    I agree it implies you should be able to get the free flip flops plus the £5 off but if there is a choice, the £22 saving on flip flops would be better than the £5
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 9th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 8,831 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:05 PM

Not really, you buy a pair of shorts & enter the code which allows free flip flops.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

• Alanhudson666
    • By Alanhudson666 9th Aug 18, 1:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alanhudson666
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:49 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:49 PM
    No I just assumed they would send you free flip flops. I did the order on my phone so didn't see and code to enter. As a new customer I signed up & got £5 off my first order. There ad clearly states £5 off any purchases. I have complained to the ASA.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 9th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 3,163 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    No I just assumed they would send you free flip flops. I did the order on my phone so didn't see and code to enter. As a new customer I signed up & got £5 off my first order. There ad clearly states £5 off any purchases. I have complained to the ASA.
    Excellent. You should receive your flip-flops shortly.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 9th Aug 18, 2:10 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 8,831 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:10 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:10 PM

Ah that'll be it then.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

• Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 9th Aug 18, 2:37 PM
    • 11,504 Posts
    • 7,520 Thanks
    Caz3121
    No I just assumed they would send you free flip flops.
    how would they know what style and size you would want?....you need to actually choose them and put them in your basket then use the code to make them 'free'
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 9th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 5,220 Thanks
    powerful_Rogue

Just gone to their website on my phone. You did't see that big orange flashing banner across the top of the page that says in capital letters
    "FREE FLIP FLOPS WITH EVERY PURCHASE! CHECKOUT CODE: FREEFLIPFLOPS"

If you're that frusrated about it, the only advice I can give is to visit Here
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 9th Aug 18, 3:53 PM
    • 3,730 Posts
    • 3,224 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    Wow, so it's clear you have to enter a code and you didn't... but want them anyway?
    What a great way to waste the ASA's time.

I have customers like this with my own Internet business, and it's absolutely mind-blowing how some people can just keep thinking they're in the right.
    Good luck, enjoy your shorts. That's enough Internet for today.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 9th Aug 18, 5:31 PM
    • 11,504 Posts
    • 7,520 Thanks
    Caz3121
    If you use the code without any flipflops in your basket it will say code not valid...you add the flipflops at £22 (any of the ones marked free) and then when you use the code it deducts £22.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 9th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    • 32,751 Posts
    • 20,617 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Oh man you contacted the ASA about this, they will get a laugh out of it.

A case of user error.
    • Alanhudson666
    • By Alanhudson666 10th Aug 18, 9:22 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alanhudson666
    Or maybe Gandys should employ you in there customer service. As you would be a good fit.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 10th Aug 18, 9:27 AM
    • 9,169 Posts
    • 6,865 Thanks
    pmduk
    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/322500023293395596/
    • prowla
    • By prowla 10th Aug 18, 9:50 AM
    • 10,086 Posts
    • 8,305 Thanks
    prowla
    Well, in fairness to the OP, the site does say "FREE FLIP FLOPS WITH EVERY PURCHASE! CHECKOUT CODE: FREEFLIPFLOPS" and does not state any associated T&Cs.

On the flip (haha!) side, I'd never heard of Gandys before, so the OP has done some advertising for them.
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 10th Aug 18, 12:59 PM
    • 3,192 Posts
    • 4,282 Thanks
    George Michael
    Well, in fairness to the OP, the site does say "FREE FLIP FLOPS WITH EVERY PURCHASE! CHECKOUT CODE: FREEFLIPFLOPS" and does not state any associated T&Cs.
    Originally posted by prowla
    But you can get the free flip flops with every purchase provided that you enter the relevant code in the box when placing the order.
    The OP didn't enter this code and wrongly assumed that the free shoes would be sent automatically.

"No I just assumed they would send you free flip flops. I did the order on my phone so didn't see and code to enter"
    • timbstoke
    • By timbstoke 10th Aug 18, 3:00 PM
    • 956 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    timbstoke
    I'd never heard of them before either, and now I'm tempted to place an order just to get Gandy's Flip Flops.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 10th Aug 18, 6:14 PM
    • 10,086 Posts
    • 8,305 Thanks
    prowla
    I'd never heard of them before either, and now I'm tempted to place an order just to get Gandy's Flip Flops.
    Originally posted by timbstoke
    Unfortunately there are no really cheap items! :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,253Posts Today

7,635Users online

Martin's Twitter