Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Guru2203
    • By Guru2203 9th Aug 18, 10:20 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Guru2203
    BW Legal - What should i do next?
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:20 AM
    BW Legal - What should i do next? 9th Aug 18 at 10:20 AM
    Hi All,

I appreciate that PCN's is a massive topic, however I have read through all related threads and been through the newbies section but still need some advice with where I am currently at with the situation I have with a company called Total Parking Solutions and now BW Legal.

My wife was issued a PCN for exceeding 2 hour free parking by 20 minutes and following the advice of the forum I sent an initial letter from the template provided stating we would not be disclosing the identity of the driver and drew there attention to the cases that were currently in the media. Following this we then followed the advice to ignore all other correspondence. This led to the initial "invoice" fee rising from 40 to 90 as a final demand and now a letter from BW legal stating the fee has risen to 124.

There are parts of the letters that don't tie up, they are quoting the wrong fee's in the letter from BW Legal as 70 owed to Total Parking Solutions yet their own final demand letter stated 90? They also quote that payment should be made within 16 days when I'm led to believe they should be offering 30 days? Also have they not been passed my wives details from TPS as a 3rd Party as again I have read that only they are allowed to apply to the DVLA for the vehicle registration details for there own use?

At this point I am confused as to whether I should continue to ignore the requests / letters or should I be doing something else like responding with a letter to BW Legal stating the above errors that have been found?

Would appreciate any help, many Thanks.

G
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 10:24 AM
    • 38,012 Posts
    • 22,107 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:24 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:24 AM
    The advice here is to follow up an initial appeal to a BPA company with a POPLA appeal? Did you?

Follow the advice in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

#4 there covers the wait and see/debt collectors stage

You ignore everything except a lbcca or court correspondence
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 10:25 AM
    • 20,677 Posts
    • 32,583 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:25 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:25 AM
    I sent an initial letter from the template provided stating we would not be disclosing the identity of the driver and drew there attention to the cases that were currently in the media. Following this we then followed the advice to ignore all other correspondence.
    Eh?

What about your appeal to POPLA? What happened there?

When did the parking event take place?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guru2203
    • By Guru2203 9th Aug 18, 10:57 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Guru2203
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:57 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:57 AM
    Thank you both. Unfortunately we missed the deadline for the POPLA appeal (due to family circumstances)and now the code is invalid in order to lodge the appeal with them.

Does this mean we now don't have a leg to stand on because we didn't appeal to POPLA?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 11:03 AM
    • 20,677 Posts
    • 32,583 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:03 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:03 AM
    Does this mean we now don't have a leg to stand on because we didn't appeal to POPLA?
    No, it means you are where you are right now, and the advice given by Quentin should be followed. You've exposed yourself to up to 6 years of hassle by not appealing this to POPLA and getting the ticket killed off - TPS are easy to beat at POPLA!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guru2203
    • By Guru2203 11th Aug 18, 12:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Guru2203
    • 11th Aug 18, 12:54 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 12:54 PM
    Ok, thanks. I have written an appeal to POPLA anyway and sent it first class. I appreciate we are past the 28 days but I guessed it was worth a go anyway while I am in the "ignoring" stage. I have read again Quentin's advice and will continue to follow this.

Thanks for the advice and help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,433Posts Today

5,945Users online

Martin's Twitter