Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rubble2
    • By rubble2 9th Aug 18, 9:12 AM
    • 323Posts
    • 63Thanks
    rubble2
    Switching Energy suppliers - Dual Fuel
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:12 AM
    Switching Energy suppliers - Dual Fuel 9th Aug 18 at 9:12 AM
    My fixed price deal with OVO is ending around 20th September, they have just emailed me confirmation of this.
    On doing a price comparison check I can get a better deal from EON.
    My question is this :- If I initiate the change to EON to be effective from 20th September (it is fixed price for 12 months) and the EON prices increase before that date will I be liable for the higher charges given that my contract with them will not have kicked in.

Am I therefore better off waiting until nearer the changeover date to make the swap?

Does anyone know if EON have already increased prices this year and if so when? are they likely to hike prices again soon following on from the BG increase?

Thanks
Page 1
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 9th Aug 18, 9:22 AM
    • 939 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:22 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:22 AM
    No. Prices only go one way if you wait longer....
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:09 PM
    E.ON Fixed Price Tariffs
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:09 PM
    My fixed price deal with OVO is ending around 20th September, they have just emailed me confirmation of this.
    On doing a price comparison check I can get a better deal from EON.
    My question is this :- If I initiate the change to EON to be effective from 20th September (it is fixed price for 12 months) and the EON prices increase before that date will I be liable for the higher charges given that my contract with them will not have kicked in.

Am I therefore better off waiting until nearer the changeover date to make the swap?

Does anyone know if EON have already increased prices this year and if so when? are they likely to hike prices again soon following on from the BG increase?

Thanks
    Originally posted by rubble2

Hello rubble2 and thanks for your question.

Once you've agreed to join us on a Fixed Price deal and started the switch, we'll guarantee you'll be on these prices even if we withdraw the tariff before the changeover completes. We're reviewing our products all the time and can release/withdraw them relatively quickly. As I say, once it's been formally agreed, you'll be on these prices even if we do withdraw the tariff later. On the type of tariff you've been looking at, the prices will be fixed for 12 months from the date we start to supply.

The price increase we announced recently affects customers on variable price tariffs like Energy Plan. Customers on fixed deals aren't affected.

Hope this explains rubble2.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 10th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    • 9,769 Posts
    • 59,131 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    I'm also with Ovo and switching away, I did my comparison via USwitch and clicked on the tariffs you can switch too outside of USwitch and found Yorkshire Energy cheapest. I live some distance from Yorkshire too.

Might be worth trying that search option for the best price.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,237Posts Today

6,556Users online

Martin's Twitter