Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snoozin
    • By Snoozin 9th Aug 18, 8:02 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Snoozin
    Have not paid within 28 days
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:02 AM
    Have not paid within 28 days 9th Aug 18 at 8:02 AM
    Hi,

I was going to send in a reply according to the newbies section. But then things got hectic and I see its 5 days over the 28 days. Whats the best thing to do in this situation?

I have tried searching for 28 days and Forgot payment but could not see anything similar.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 8:11 AM
    • 36,872 Posts
    • 21,007 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:11 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:11 AM
    More info:

Paid for what? (PCN? CCJ?)

Reply for what?
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-08-2018 at 8:14 AM.
    • Snoozin
    • By Snoozin 9th Aug 18, 8:28 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Snoozin
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:28 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:28 AM
    A PCN. It said to pay within 14 days, to get it half price. I was going reply saying I was not the driver, but now it is ~33 days.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 8:37 AM
    • 18,974 Posts
    • 29,848 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:37 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:37 AM
    Which parking company?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    • 36,872 Posts
    • 21,007 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

Assuming that you don't intend to pay unless you are ordered to by a judge in court then concentrate on #1 of the FAQ for now
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Aug 18, 9:08 AM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,766 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:08 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:08 AM
    Privae Parking Tickets are no longer the minor irritation they once were, they now need to be taken seriously.

If you snooze your way through this it could ruin your credit history. Be precise, do the reading, (if you do not understand something, keep at it until you do), and, short of saying who was driving, answer any questions asked.

Your OP is one of the worst I have ever read.
    Last edited by The Deep; 09-08-2018 at 9:11 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Snoozin
    • By Snoozin 9th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Snoozin
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    I did read the newbies thread
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    I have read the newbies thread. But I saw nothing about what to do if you have not replied within the 28 days.

I have seen you can send an email giving a reason why you should not pay within the 28 days. I have escaped an invalid ticket before.

The ticket was given at a station by NCP. So in theory it would have been easy to answer.

But as I have gone over the 28 day time limit, I thought I could no longer complain? Is it just best to try and pay?

As for being the worst OP ever, I imagine it would have been more helpful to direct me to a great example? Otherwise why do you do this if youre not trying to be helpful?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 10:59 AM
    • 18,974 Posts
    • 29,848 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:59 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:59 AM
    Ignore the 28 days and send in the initial appeal template from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to start the process off. Let them (NCP) tell you that you're too late to appeal, then you ignore everything after that apart from a Letter Before Action/Court or real court papers. Given that you say this took place at a railway car park, the chance of NCP issuing court papers is zero

Alternatively, they may not spot that you're late appealing and issue a rejection and POPLA Code, where you can get the ticket killed off.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    • 3,150 Posts
    • 3,862 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    *close to zero
    Theyve dipped their toe in.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 2:49 PM
    • 18,974 Posts
    • 29,848 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    *close to zero
    Theyve dipped their toe in.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    At a railway station?

• Snoozin
    • By Snoozin 9th Aug 18, 5:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Snoozin
    Thanks for the info. It!!!8217;s saved me alot of hassle. If there was info for what todo above 28 days, I missed it.

Have a great day in this lovely rain - didn!!!8217;t imagine i!!!8217;d be saying that a few months ago!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,307Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin