Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SFROSTY
    • By SFROSTY 9th Aug 18, 7:29 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SFROSTY
    Nationwide
    • 9th Aug 18, 7:29 AM
    Nationwide 9th Aug 18 at 7:29 AM
    Hi all,
    First question of many
    Has anyone had experience of changing from a flex account to a basic with Nationwide? I have been banking with them for 6 months and about to go BR.Are they likely to close my account and insist I open a flexbasic or will they simply downgrade which would save me loads of hassle.i have no debt with nationwide
Page 1
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 9th Aug 18, 8:16 AM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 2,375 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:16 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:16 AM
    I opened a flexdirect online after BR and had no problems - I did make sure I selected the zero overdraft facility though.
    • Twubble
    • By Twubble 9th Aug 18, 4:08 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Twubble
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:08 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 4:08 PM
    I have a DRO and thought I would have to change from a flex to a basic, but nope. They said that if there were any problems they would contact me to change. There weren't any problems, so I still have my flex account. I had no debts with them.
    • SFROSTY
    • By SFROSTY 9th Aug 18, 8:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SFROSTY
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:32 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:32 PM
    Thanks for your replies,It does seem that Nationwide do leave you alone if you are not causing them any problems.Thats good to know.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,190Posts Today

7,386Users online

Martin's Twitter