Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Szczoczarz
    • By Szczoczarz 8th Aug 18, 9:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Szczoczarz
    CCJ - Pay in full or Instalments?
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:45 PM
    CCJ - Pay in full or Instalments? 8th Aug 18 at 9:45 PM
    Hi all,

I have a CCJ for £915.

Its was filed in 2014, They have agreed that I can pay £50 month over 18month.

My question is does it make a difference if I pay in full or instalments? as if I pay in full now, my understanding is the CCJ will still be hanging about on my file for another 2 years.

whereas if I pay 50 over the 18 months. the result is still the same? the cci will still show for the next 2 years.

I may have completely misunderstood the legislation so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Page 1
    • welly_59
    • By welly_59 8th Aug 18, 9:52 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    welly_59
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:52 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:52 PM
    Itíll be on your file until 2020 regardless of when itís paid. Some lenders might look more favourably if the ccj has been paid off for a period of time though.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 8th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 14,645 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    No one will know if you pay it off in one go, or in instalments, except the creditor, that information is not recorded on your credit file.

Once repaid, its status will change to settled.

It will drop off your file after 6 years regardless of what you do.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
  • National Debtline
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:52 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:52 AM
    Hi Szczoczarz and welcome to the forum

The choice is yours whether you pay in full or in instalments, and as mentioned above the CCJ has to be recorded on your credit file for 6 years regardless. However once the full balance has been paid you can have your credit file updated to show the CCJ has been satisfied. This will usually be looked on more favourably by creditors than an outstanding balance.

Best wishes

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

582Posts Today

5,795Users online

Martin's Twitter