Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fizzyfish228
    • By fizzyfish228 8th Aug 18, 7:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fizzyfish228
    Parking Eye won't accept installments
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:10 PM
    Parking Eye won't accept installments 8th Aug 18 at 7:10 PM
    I got a parking fine for parking in a hotel car park that I was attending a course in.
    I did ask at reception and she said it was fine to park there.
    I appealed the fine but they didn't accept.
    It's 100
    My wife has cancer and is unable to work right now, my income is less than usual as I can't do overtime and have to keep taking time off to care for her/take her to appointments/look after kids during her recovery from an operation.

We are spiralling into debt and currently waiting for some benefits to kick in to help but even then we won't have enough to live on.

I offered to pay 15 a month to Parking Eye but they refused and have given me 14 days to pay the 100 in full or they are taking me to court and the costs will go up.

I have no idea how a company can be so cruel. I have explained my situation and they didn't even care.

Any advise?

Thanks
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Aug 18, 7:15 PM
    • 4,857 Posts
    • 6,299 Thanks
    waamo
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:15 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:15 PM
    You need to post this in the Parking tickets section at the top of this board.

In that section is a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. Read it very carefully.
    This space for hire.
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 8th Aug 18, 7:30 PM
    • 2,624 Posts
    • 2,213 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:30 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:30 PM
    Complain to the CEOs office of the hotel chain.
    • jlemaitre
    • By jlemaitre 8th Aug 18, 7:36 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    jlemaitre
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:36 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:36 PM
    As above, But why say you got fined? You haven't been fined. Also seems like you shot yourself in the foot for confirming it was you driving, and they dont care about peoples health.

Ask a mod to move this thread for you, and you should get quite a bit of help in the parking section.
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 8th Aug 18, 7:43 PM
    • 8,583 Posts
    • 7,883 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:43 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:43 PM
    Yeah ask for it to get moved and get help with this. They reject almost all appeals but that still doesn't mean you have to pay the scammers a penny
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 8th Aug 18, 11:29 PM
    • 9,173 Posts
    • 9,571 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 8th Aug 18, 11:29 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 11:29 PM
    Get this moved into the Parking Tickets subforum and while you are waiting, get started by having a full read of the Newbies Sticky to inform yourself properly about and see your remaining options for getting shot of this.
    • debtdebt
    • By debtdebt 9th Aug 18, 12:25 AM
    • 660 Posts
    • 429 Thanks
    debtdebt
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:25 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:25 AM
    Notwithstanding whether the fine/invoice or whatever it is is valid or not, they don't have to accept instalments regardless of your personal situation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

376Posts Today

2,484Users online

Martin's Twitter