Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • henryandmay
    • By henryandmay 8th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    • 50Posts
    • 8Thanks
    henryandmay
    Ratesetter 100 bonus
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    Ratesetter 100 bonus 8th Aug 18 at 4:34 PM
    Has anyone taken advantage of this?

https://invest.ratesetter.com/home

Is it worth doing?
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam2; 08-08-2018 at 11:23 PM. Reason: referral removal
Page 1
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 8th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    • 2,999 Posts
    • 8,005 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    The rates are not great (in P2P terms) since your capital is at risk but the 100 bonus makes it worth a punt if you can afford to lose the money (worst case). I did something like this back in the day. You do have to tie your money in for a year.

Note: I am talking about the signup bonus in general. You have posted a referral link for Monevator which is not allowed here
    Last edited by MallyGirl; 08-08-2018 at 5:22 PM.
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 9th Aug 18, 12:18 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:18 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 12:18 AM
    Yes. I've recently signed up for a 1 year fix which at the time was giving 4.6%. The additional 100 cashback (paid at the end of term) will raise this to an effective 14.6%, which (assuming no losses) isn't half bad. Higher rates are possible in P2P but those would tend to be self-select loans, higher risk and potentially less liquidity and/or shorter term than the full year. So, I considered the RateSetter promotion attractive, at least for the first year, I may well withdraw the lot and abandon it after that.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
    • ChopperST
    • By ChopperST 9th Aug 18, 9:36 AM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 745 Thanks
    ChopperST
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:36 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:36 AM
    Yes. I've recently signed up for a 1 year fix which at the time was giving 4.6%. The additional 100 cashback (paid at the end of term) will raise this to an effective 14.6%, which (assuming no losses) isn't half bad. Higher rates are possible in P2P but those would tend to be self-select loans, higher risk and potentially less liquidity and/or shorter term than the full year. So, I considered the RateSetter promotion attractive, at least for the first year, I may well withdraw the lot and abandon it after that.
    Originally posted by Flobberchops
    Totally agree. I was an early adopter and have loans at 6%

Mrs Chopper will certainly be tempted for a year with the promotional offer though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

205Posts Today

1,919Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin