Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flowerpowerz
    • By flowerpowerz 8th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    flowerpowerz
    VCS chasing me through DRP
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    VCS chasing me through DRP 8th Aug 18 at 4:24 PM
    Hi,

before anybody gets agitated - I have read through the newbies sticky thread. I seek confirmation of whether what I would like to do makes sense in my case, and if you are in a good mood suggestions of better course of action are welcome.

I have received a PCN - NTK through the post for stopping on the doncaster airport in the no stopping zone. It was about 2min to drop off my friend.

Now I have ignored their letters as per advice on this forum - however I have realised it was from some older threats and nowadays it would have been better to appeal. I have missed the appeal window - contravention date was May 2018.

Now they are chasing me through DRP - debt collectors, which I are apparently harmless and I can easily ignore them.

Now the issue I have is that I move around a lot. Usually live somewhere for a year then move on, still within the UK. I don't have time nor the willingness to keep this PCN in the back of my head everytime I move and write the PPC a letter that notifies them of my address change.

Ignoring might put an easy target on my back and I could risk missing a court order letter. That is why I would like to robustly reply to DRP, something like this:

Name
    Address

Date

Dear Sirs

Parking Charge Number xxxxx

I refer to your letter of [insert date], and earlier correspondence.

Firstly, I have no intention of paying the money demanded by your client, and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended.

Second, should it be your client's intention to start court proceedings, they must provide a Letter Before Claim which complies with the requirements of Annex A Para 2 of the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct:

.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...action_conduct

Please also note that a failure and/or refusal to comply with the Practice Direction will result in a complaint being made to the court and an application for a stay of the action and costs pursuant to the provisions of paragraph 4 of the Practice Direction on non-compliance and sanctions.

In the meantime, you should note that this charge is disputed, and you must now refer this matter back to your client and cease and desist all further contact with me. Failure to do so will result in a complaint to the Credit Services Association.

I trust that I have made myself clear.

Yours faithfully

PRINT NAME

I was thinking that might put them off since they will not want to waste their time with me. My goal is to put them off completely, I was considering writing a letter to VCS as well to make them aware of my intentions not to pay and defend myself vigorously if they intend on taking this to court.

What do you think and do you recommend any other course of action?

Thank you for your time.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    • 37,521 Posts
    • 21,732 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    The advice that is correct for you is in the newbies faq thread #4

Never contact debt collectors!

Whenever you change your address over the next 6 years write and tell the PPC

Keep a proof of posting together with a copy of the letter

Otherwise wait and see if they start court proceedings and come back at that time for advice on how to defend this
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Aug 18, 4:46 PM
    • 10,239 Posts
    • 10,134 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:46 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:46 PM
    Have you acquainted yourself with the special nature of parking laws on land covered by bye-laws? Airport roads and carparks are usually covered by bye laws, read this

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/byelaws/.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 08-08-2018 at 4:56 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Aug 18, 4:48 PM
    • 9,845 Posts
    • 10,185 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:48 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:48 PM
    What do you think and do you recommend any other course of action?
    Originally posted by flowerpowerz
    That letter will not put them off.

Are you aware that there hasn't been an 'Annex A' in the Practice Direction for many years?

My suggestion is that you make the time and take the effort to inform the PPC of your whereabouts for the next six years or run the risk of finding a County Court Judgment against you without having the opportunity to defend yourself.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    • 19,633 Posts
    • 24,929 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    any LBC or rebuttals of one would be written according to the PaP oct 2017 rules, not old and out of date ones

keep them up to date with your current address as advised earlier, keeping proof of postage and a copy of said letter
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

124Posts Today

1,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GillsSarah: Interesting! I always used to buy big name products cos I thought they?d be stronger. @MartinSLewis has changed my mind on?

• RT @think_jessica: Think Jessica the Film 30 min doc/drama based on my mother?s true story. Narrated by @MartinSLewis is now live on https:?

• RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Follow Martin