Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • H_Lou_C
    • By H_Lou_C 8th Aug 18, 4:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    H_Lou_C
    UK CPS Parking Charge
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:10 PM
    UK CPS Parking Charge 8th Aug 18 at 4:10 PM
    Hi

My sister has recently received a parking charge in the post, 100 or 60 within 14 days. The car park she parked in is near our town centre and used to park in for up to 90 minutes when popping into town. She has parked there several times, as have I. The ticket is for walking off site and leaving the car parked there.

Does anyone have any advice, I have a feeling this company does not have the authority to enforce this charge and a lot of people are saying to ignore on historic posts.

Thank you for any help
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    • 37,489 Posts
    • 21,704 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:19 PM
    Ignore historic posts!!

Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before posting

You will see not to ignore this, but how to deal with it

Throughout you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Aug 18, 5:02 PM
    • 10,238 Posts
    • 10,131 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:02 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:02 PM
    They would struggle to convince a judge that leaving site was a breach of contract. Indeed, some MPs have ventured the opinion in the House of Commons that such a condition in a contract breached one's human rights, watch the debate below.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas. bre
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    • 8,790 Posts
    • 11,671 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    Hi

My sister has recently received a parking charge in the post, 100 or 60 within 14 days. The car park she parked in is near our town centre and used to park in for up to 90 minutes when popping into town. She has parked there several times, as have I. The ticket is for walking off site and leaving the car parked there.

Does anyone have any advice, I have a feeling this company does not have the authority to enforce this charge and a lot of people are saying to ignore on historic posts.

Thank you for any help
    Originally posted by H_Lou_C
    This is a new wheeze by parking companies

PROVE IT .... and is the warden using predatory tactics

So, if you care to write as the KEEPER ... NEVER DRIVER,
    asking for photographic proof of their claim
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,450Posts Today

8,278Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Eh? I think you are confusing a poll with an opinion I wrote my polls in an attempt not to lead the vote, otherwis? https://t.co/2IUtL7vBOr

• Today's Twitter poll: Should fracking be allowed in the UK? A test site reopened this week to much local protest.? https://t.co/orpNJN6Bf9

• Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Follow Martin