Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DanielleBrown
    • By DanielleBrown 8th Aug 18, 4:08 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DanielleBrown
    MBNA - PPI/Plevin
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:08 PM
    MBNA - PPI/Plevin 8th Aug 18 at 4:08 PM
    Hi,

I recently submitted a PPI claim with MBNA. They have writtne back to me to say they're not upholding my complaint as they wrote to me in 2013 regarding the PPI. However, they wrote to my old address. I have proof of address for the time up until I moved again in 2015 and I have been told to send it in to them to have it reassesed.

But they have said they're upholding the Plevin part of my claim (I had no idea about this) and will be paying me 1300 within 28 days.

Am I right in thinking that the Plevin payment only comes into play if the PPI complaint is rejected? If so, should I send this proof of address off to them now, or wait until the cheque comes? I don't mean hope they forget and issue me too much should my PPI complaint be upheld, but more will it slow down the issuing of the 1300?

Many thanks in advance
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Aug 18, 4:27 PM
    • 96,058 Posts
    • 63,876 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:27 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:27 PM
    answered on your duplicate post.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • DanielleBrown
    • By DanielleBrown 8th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DanielleBrown
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    I didn't realise I had posted in subthread, I thought it just hadn't posted as was searching the main page for it! Sorry
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    • 96,058 Posts
    • 63,876 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    No problem. The site loves having lots of sections. However, a number of them don't really need to exist and could be removed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

982Posts Today

6,855Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Follow Martin