Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • consumerpower
    • By consumerpower 8th Aug 18, 3:56 PM
    • 71Posts
    • 26Thanks
    consumerpower
    Help did informal challenge but have now sold car
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:56 PM
    Help did informal challenge but have now sold car 8th Aug 18 at 3:56 PM
    Hello,
    I unfortunately put my ticket upside down on my dash during a free two hour parking period, in a Gelding Borough Council car park. On 6 July 2018. On 12 July, I made an online informal appeal and sent a copy of my parking ticket.

I sold my car on 30 July 2018 (to a garage as a trade in) and received a rejection of informal challenge on 1 August 2018 from Notts Parking Partnership.

I would like to do a formal appeal but I am no longer the owner so will not receive the Notice to Owner. In realty I don't want to ask the garage to respond on my behalf. Is there anyway I can respond directly if I explain the situation?

The fine is 25 if paid by 17 August or 50 after, should I just pay it since I sold my car?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 3,788 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    Upside down, as in flipped so it was face down? Does it have a unique ref number on the back so it could be confirmed it was the same ticket as the copy yuou sent in?

TBH this forum is not set up for COUNCIL matters
    Go to PEPIPOO and registere there, and post in the COUNCIL section. DO NOT do this until you have read other threads. YOU WILL NEED PAPERWORK including your PCN, Google Street View, appeal and rejction.
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 8th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    • 3,360 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    I sold my car on 30 July 2018 (to a garage as a trade in) and received a rejection of informal challenge on 1 August 2018 from Notts Parking Partnership.

I would like to do a formal appeal but I am no longer the owner so will not receive the Notice to Owner.
    Originally posted by consumerpower
    You sure? The DVLA enquiry should be for the date of the alleged offence, and they should be given the address as it was on that date.

Anyway, best to go over to pepipoo.com, as advised.

[EDIT] I see you already have.
    Last edited by The Slithy Tove; 08-08-2018 at 5:14 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,810Posts Today

8,098Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin