Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smellyonion
    • By Smellyonion 8th Aug 18, 3:01 PM
    • 110Posts
    • 61Thanks
    Smellyonion
    Which would you choose as a motorway cruiser?
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:01 PM
    Which would you choose as a motorway cruiser? 8th Aug 18 at 3:01 PM
    Hi

I am looking at around 10k for either;

BMW 320d
    Infinity q50
    Mazda6

Your experiences?, what would you go for?
Page 3
    • westernpromise
    • By westernpromise 9th Aug 18, 3:05 PM
    • 4,263 Posts
    • 5,534 Thanks
    westernpromise
    BMW are costly to repair and build quality and reliability is not what it used to be.
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    ISTR there are fewer Ford Mondeos made than 3-Series Bought-Mainly-by-Wan kers. The Ford is thus the more exclusive car than the Basildon Man's Wheels, which is a volume car - the Cortina de nos jours.
    • westernpromise
    • By westernpromise 9th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    • 4,263 Posts
    • 5,534 Thanks
    westernpromise
    Audi A4. For 10k you can get an absolute cracker.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Lots of drawbacks to any Audi. Most cars have the toolkit in the boot whereas in an Audi the tools are always in the driver's seat.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 9th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 2,519 Posts
    • 2,001 Thanks
    Stoke
    ISTR there are fewer Ford Mondeos made than 3-Series Bought-Mainly-by-Wan kers. The Ford is thus the more exclusive car than the Basildon Man's Wheels, which is a volume car - the Cortina de nos jours.
    Originally posted by westernpromise
    I bet the Dacia Sandero is a more exclusive car than your Mondeo

So go get a Dacia, and you'll feel super exclusive.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 9th Aug 18, 5:39 PM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 10,397 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I'll probably get shot down for this.

Would anyone consider an mg 6?
    Originally posted by Smellyonion
    I drove one when they first came out (left hand drive pre-production one) out of brand loyalty (we had an MGF). Good value certainly but plasticky and not neither inspiring nor comfortable. The old ZS and ZT were better for motorway cruising.
    I wouldn't. They're talking about an RX8 which goes up to 11,000 RPM. For revs to change at a certain speed, some serious mechanic-ing would need to happen!
    Originally posted by almillar
    You're right - I'd forgotten it was a Wankel which rev higher anyway and one assumes that Mazda knew that when they chose the gear ratios. I was mentally comparing with the MX5.
    Womble #7 - Running Total 9.92 $2.49 5.31 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10 A$0.10 NZ$0.55 C$0.89 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.50 R0.10 (Rand not Rupees) KD0.05 (Kuwaiti fils)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

116Posts Today

2,217Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin