Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • changeforbetter
    • By changeforbetter 8th Aug 18, 2:33 PM
    • 110Posts
    • 91Thanks
    changeforbetter
    How soon should renewal letter/offer be expected?
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:33 PM
    How soon should renewal letter/offer be expected? 8th Aug 18 at 2:33 PM
    Hi,

Just a quick question - my current provider (Nationwide) have not yet contacted me with a renewal letter/offer. The current term is due to end at the end of October this year.

Would anyone know when I should expect to get a letter or offer? (I had guessed it would be soon?)

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 8th Aug 18, 2:45 PM
    • 59,546 Posts
    • 52,844 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:45 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:45 PM
    With less than 3 months to go. Nothing to stop you making enquiries. Letter will only say that you will default onto the applicable SVR. Unless you opt for another product. As there's no actual renewal/offer. Your mortgage will run to the end of it's term.

Don't call though. Use the online facility to see what options they'll offer you.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • changeforbetter
    • By changeforbetter 8th Aug 18, 2:57 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    changeforbetter
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:57 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:57 PM
    With less than 3 months to go. Nothing to stop you making enquiries. Letter will only say that you will default onto the applicable SVR. Unless you opt for another product. As there's no actual renewal/offer. Your mortgage will run to the end of it's term.

Don't call though. Use the online facility to see what options they'll offer you.
    Originally posted by Thrugelmir
    Thank you, will note the online version as you say, to update this - however, last time we renewed (5 years ago) we did get a letter with a specific fixed term offer (not just that it would revert to the SVR)...? Just can't quite remember how long before the term end it came though...
    • changeforbetter
    • By changeforbetter 8th Aug 18, 3:28 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    changeforbetter
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:28 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:28 PM
    Having had a further thought, I guess the online nature of everything has rather taken over (since my last renewal even), so old fashioned things like 'letters' happen less....!?
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 8th Aug 18, 4:00 PM
    • 59,546 Posts
    • 52,844 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:00 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 4:00 PM
    Times have changed. Speaking to a lenders adviser now constitutes advice. Lenders therefore have to cover themselves. Resulting in a review of personal circumstances. Which may have unintended consequences.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,202Posts Today

8,741Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin