Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 8th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    gjjj
    ParkingEye at Hotel - when to appeal?
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    ParkingEye at Hotel - when to appeal? 8th Aug 18 at 2:07 PM
    Hi all,

As advised, I have read the "Newbie" thread and as I write this, have the "appeal" form open in another tab ready to copy-and-paste the template to appeal my ticket, with the very helpful guide posted on these forums.

The only thing causing me to hesitate slightly is the success stories I've read where people contacted the manager directly of where they were ticketed.

In this case, it was a Hotel near Heathrow Airport where the driver was meeting some business associates. They did enter the establishment and pay for dinner at the Hotel restaurant, thus making them patrons of the Hotel. I later found out that if the driver went to the front desk and "registered" the vehicle they could have stayed for free, however I only found this out after the fact. At the time they were assured by staff "parking wouldn't be an issue" but no one advised that they should register the number plate.

Today I contacted the hotel owner and explained the situation, as well as sent the parking ticket. He said he would "see what he could do", but "can't guarantee anything". He did sympathise and was overall very friendly and polite.

I'm a bit worried if I send in an appeal this might disrupt the process of the manager trying to sort it out on his end.

What should I do in this situation? Should I still send in the appeal or see if the manager can sort something out?
    Last edited by gjjj; 09-08-2018 at 3:31 PM. Reason: Clarity
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    • 9,845 Posts
    • 10,185 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    You need to send the appeal before the deadline whether on not the hotel have responded by then.

I repeat - do not miss the appeal deadline.
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 9th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gjjj
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    Yes, I'm thinking to submit the appeal by the end of today regardless of if the manager has spoken to them or not.

Just one question though, keeping the template in mind, I'm given the following options on the form:

"I am the":

- Driver
    - Registered Keeper
    - Driver and Registered Keeper
    - Hirer/Lessee
    - None of the above

Given the template, I should just select "Registered Keeper", right?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 2:35 PM
    • 19,772 Posts
    • 31,242 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:35 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:35 PM
    Given the template, I should just select "Registered Keeper", right?
    If you are the RK - why not?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 2:41 PM
    • 37,524 Posts
    • 21,732 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:41 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:41 PM
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 9th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gjjj
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the heads up. I haven't specified at which hotel (there are dozens near Heathrow) and I have edited out the date the ticket was issued, so I think that should be fine.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    • 37,524 Posts
    • 21,732 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    Nevertheless you have identified who was driving

Use the third party when describing the events as in "the driver did this" / "The keeper did that"
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 9th Aug 18, 3:28 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gjjj
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:28 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:28 PM
    If you are the RK - why not?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Just wanted to make sure, I know you have to be really careful how you phrase things.
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 9th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gjjj
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    Nevertheless you have identified who was driving

Use the third party when describing the events as in "the driver did this" / "The keeper did that"
    Originally posted by Quentin
    I have done so for the OP, but I've already contacted the manager of the hotel and told them who was driving, and they are now going to try and resolve things with ParkingEye directly.

If that is damning enough, I suppose I'll have to rely on the fact that the driver did patronise the hotel (ate at the restaurant) and was assured by hotel staff "parking won't be an issue", and neglected to follow the process of registering the number plate.
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 10th Aug 18, 5:58 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gjjj
    I have received an e-mail back from the manager stating that since ParkingEye is a 3rd party company I have to make an appeal to them directly. Very disappointing outcome. Do you think because the driver patronised the hotel restaurant (this making them a customer) and the staff neglected to register them it is a good grounds for appeal the ticket as invalid?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Aug 18, 6:08 PM
    • 19,633 Posts
    • 24,929 Thanks
    Redx
    not to PE , no

although proof of patronage sometimes works

it definitely wont work if you appeal to popla

the hotel is jointly and severally liable so as you were a genuine customer they are obligated to help you if they contracted the parking company
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

373Posts Today

4,365Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GillsSarah: Interesting! I always used to buy big name products cos I thought they?d be stronger. @MartinSLewis has changed my mind on?

• RT @think_jessica: Think Jessica the Film 30 min doc/drama based on my mother?s true story. Narrated by @MartinSLewis is now live on https:?

• RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Follow Martin