Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarahjane21
    • By sarahjane21 8th Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sarahjane21
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 8th Aug 18 at 12:47 PM
    Hello everybody, this is my first post on here so please forgive me If I am in the wrong place here. I received a PCN (Parking Charge Notice) last week for parking in my local retail park here in Liverpool. I was parked in a disabled bay/slot, as I always do simply because I am registered disabled and I have a blue badge, which I always display on the dashboard of my car. When we returned to the car after shopping for a few minutes, I noticed that my blue badge was on the floor for some strange reason. Some days later I received a PCN in the post. When I opened the envelope, the PCN had attached, a photograph of the front of my car, which did not show my blue badge on the dashboard. For this reason, they have issued me a fine of 100 which is to be paid within 28 days. My wife and myself are worried about this and she says I must pay this fine ASAP but I would like some advice on this please as I have been looking on this site and have read some of the statements advising against paying the fine. I would be extremely grateful for any advice in this matter please, Kindest Regards, Graham Howard
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 8,824 Posts
    • 11,709 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    First thing you do is complain to the retailer to get
    this cancelled ..... they can cancel it.

Who is the parking company ?

Who is the retailer ?

Do not think about paying this, it's a scam

RETAILER FIRST and come back here
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Aug 18, 12:55 PM
    • 10,239 Posts
    • 10,134 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:55 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:55 PM
    It has been known for parking weasels to rock cars until tickets/permits fall off. Some PPCs are not squeamish when it comes to dirty tricks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-3525375

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Aug 18, 3:40 PM
    • 37,521 Posts
    • 21,732 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:40 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:40 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your OP to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Aug 18, 8:28 PM
    • 9,845 Posts
    • 10,185 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:28 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:28 PM
    OP, you would be wise to edit your post to remove your full name.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,291Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GillsSarah: Interesting! I always used to buy big name products cos I thought they?d be stronger. @MartinSLewis has changed my mind on?

• RT @think_jessica: Think Jessica the Film 30 min doc/drama based on my mother?s true story. Narrated by @MartinSLewis is now live on https:?

• RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Follow Martin