Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barrypoopeas
    • By barrypoopeas 8th Aug 18, 12:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    barrypoopeas
    Openreach not telling ISP about upgrade!
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:26 PM
    Openreach not telling ISP about upgrade! 8th Aug 18 at 12:26 PM
    Dear All,

Can I have some advice about kicking Openreach up the backside?

About 4 months ago our old fibre optic phone lines were upgraded to superfast fibre broadband, a few of my neighbours are paying 30 with BT getting onto the superfast broadband, I'm with Vodaphone who have kindly offrered to upgrade me from regular fibre to superfast - BUT they can't do it until Openreach tell them the lines are ready, which they aren't!!!

I've tried to find some contact details for Openreach online, but it's like trying to speak to the Illuminati - lots of "don't contact us about X" "speak to your ISP" "Don't try and speak to us about Z"

It's impossible

Has anyone any experience?

I live in a very rural location, and even with Fibre broadband I'm on 7MB with this, two people can't watch Internet TV at the same time.

Thanks!
Page 1
    • littleboo
    • By littleboo 8th Aug 18, 12:31 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    littleboo
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:31 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:31 PM
    The ISP's don't want Openreach speaking to the customers directly. Voda should be doing the chasing with OR. Have you tried see what other ISP's say you can get? The issue could be with Voda themselves
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 8th Aug 18, 12:35 PM
    • 11,090 Posts
    • 4,806 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:35 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:35 PM
    OR do not deal with the public.
    Keep pestering your ISP .
    Even though it may well be your ISP not pushing .
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 8th Aug 18, 12:57 PM
    • 4,698 Posts
    • 10,724 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:57 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:57 PM
    I've tried to find some contact details for Openreach online, but it's like trying to speak to the Illuminati - lots of "don't contact us about X" "speak to your ISP" "Don't try and speak to us about Z"

It's impossible
    Originally posted by barrypoopeas
    By design. Openreach supply telecoms companies. They don't supply householders, so there is no reason for you to contact them.

Your contract is with your ISP, that is who you must talk to, not one of their suppliers.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • barrypoopeas
    • By barrypoopeas 8th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    barrypoopeas
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

The person I spoke to at Vodafone told me that OR inform them.

I think the chain of work is too long for me to contact Vodafone to speak to customer services, who needs to inform on their team to contact OR who then need to inform Vodafone.

I stand a better chance of arriving at the result I'm after by doing the leg work myself, I was hoping Open Reach might of had some public facing department who I could enquire about what their process is for this.

Thanks all the same.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,434Posts Today

7,752Users online

Martin's Twitter