Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LopsidedStephen
    • By LopsidedStephen 8th Aug 18, 12:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    LopsidedStephen
    Private Parking Company on Council Land
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:20 PM
    Private Parking Company on Council Land 8th Aug 18 at 12:20 PM
    Hi,

I recently received a Parking Charge Notice (from Civil Enforcement Ltd) when my car was parked in a car park that is Council land. It is a local municipal golf course that for over 6 years has offered free parking. Around 18 months ago, the Council entered into a partnership with Everyone Active to manage the course, however my understanding is the ground is still owned by the Council. In the last few weeks, signage went up (which "the driver" missed, along with a large number of other regular users) that stated free parking was limited to 2 hours.

My question is, can a private car company enforce parking charges on Council land?

I've read through all the guidance on this site and I've seen reference to the fact that this isn't allowed, however I wasn't sure if the Council were allowed to sub contract the parking charge ability to a private company.

I plan to appeal on a number of grounds anyway, but was intrigued if this was an additional argument in my defence. I also wondered if this gave me cause to complain to our Council about how this is being managed.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by LopsidedStephen; 08-08-2018 at 1:09 PM. Reason: told to do so by another user
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Aug 18, 12:32 PM
    • 37,525 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:32 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:32 PM
    You say you have read the guidance here yet have missed the advice throughout here never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

You say you are planning your own appeal.

Why not follow the guidance on appeals here?

All covered in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Aug 18, 12:46 PM
    • 8,847 Posts
    • 11,720 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:46 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:46 PM
    Your question must be asked to the council.

You need to find out who has the contract with CEL
    One assumes it is Everyone Active

God help you guys if CEL are involved, they ticket
    everything in sight.

Find out which idiot contracted CEL and show them
    the terrible decision they made.

READ THIS
    https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/search?q=CEL

You need to show this to all your fellow golfers
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    • 10,247 Posts
    • 10,136 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • LopsidedStephen
    • By LopsidedStephen 8th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LopsidedStephen
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    Thanks Quentin. Edited accordingly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

555Posts Today

6,324Users online

Martin's Twitter