Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 8th Aug 18, 12:15 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    gjjj
    ParkingEye at Hotel - when to appeal?
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:15 PM
    ParkingEye at Hotel - when to appeal? 8th Aug 18 at 12:15 PM
    Hi all,

As advised, I have read the "Newbie" thread and as I write this, have the "appeal" form open in another tab ready to copy-and-paste the template to appeal my ticket, with the very helpful guide posted on these forums.

The only thing causing me to hesitate slightly is the success stories I've read where people contacted the manager directly of where they were ticketed.

In my case, it was a Hotel near Heathrow Airport where I was meeting some business associates. I did enter the establishment and pay for dinner at the Hotel restaurant, and later found out that if I went to the front desk and "registered" my vehicle I could have stayed for free, however I only found this out after the fact. At the time I was assured by staff "parking wouldn't be an issue" but no one advised me I should register my number plate.

Today I contacted the hotel owner and explained the situation, as well as sent the parking ticket. He said he would "see what he could do", but "can't guarantee anything". He did sympathise and was overall very friendly and polite.

I'm a bit worried if I send in an appeal this might disrupt the process of the manager trying to sort it out on his end.

What should I do in this situation? Should I still send in the appeal or see if the manager can sort something out? The ticket was issued on 25/07/18 so I understand I still have another 2 weeks left to appeal.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Aug 18, 1:29 PM
    • 21,219 Posts
    • 17,041 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:29 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:29 PM
    Probably best for this to be on the Parking sub-board rather than the main Motoring board.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 8th Aug 18, 1:31 PM
    • 9,003 Posts
    • 9,385 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:31 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:31 PM
    Please get this moved into the right forum if you want any further advice.

Follow the timelines in the Newbies Sticky for submitting appeals to PE in order to get a POPLA code but do complain strongly (not appeal!) to the hotel as soon as possible and don't hesitate to escalate it to MD level if the on-site management don't prove helpful. Experience here suggests that it is the earlier the better for these.
    • gjjj
    • By gjjj 8th Aug 18, 2:06 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gjjj
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:06 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:06 PM
    Ah my bad, will do so now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,146Posts Today

8,075Users online

Martin's Twitter