Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • madame2shus
    • By madame2shus 8th Aug 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    madame2shus
    0 WOW
    Easyjet seating policy
    • 8th Aug 18, 11:51 AM
    0 WOW
    Easyjet seating policy 8th Aug 18 at 11:51 AM
    Does anyone know if easyjet has changed how they allocate their seats on check in? I have booked many flights with easyjet and I always check in early. Everyone on my booking has always been placed together when seats are allocated. I am aware that Ryanair purposley try to split people up but I didn't think Easyjet also did this.

I checked in for my flight yesterday 29 days in advance and I was allocated seats 30d and 31 f which were not even on the seat plan when I went into look at avaialbale seats for purchase I could see that there were lots available to pay for. I don't understand why when there was only two people on the booking that we were not sat in the same row at least when there were seats available and I checked in early.

Has anyone else experienced ths recently with easyjet?
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 8th Aug 18, 3:13 PM
    • 60,939 Posts
    • 43,510 Thanks
    soolin
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:13 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:13 PM
    So far this year I've traveled about 6 times with easyJet and on two occasions there have been arguments from people travelling with children who have been split up. Also the third person in the row of three where my OH and I were seated on my last trip was sat apart from her partner who was about 8 rows behind, but luckily she was able to move to an empty seat across the aisle from her partner after take off.

It always struck me as odd that Ryanair get bad press for their policy when it seemed easyJet was doing the same.

Last year my OH and I had booked seats A and B on a BA flight and the seats were taken when we got on. The couple occupying our seats had been allocated seats C and D one row apart and asked us politely if we would swap as they wanted to sit together, but they were perfectly polite when we said no.
    Last edited by soolin; 08-08-2018 at 3:16 PM.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

550Posts Today

5,561Users online

Martin's Twitter